iPod/Neck Pouchie

Bellisima

This is my first "show & tell" so I apologize ahead of time if I've done something wrong....

I attended a conference back in April & wanted a way to carry my iPod, hotel room key, tickets to the conference events & a bit of money. I scrounged through what I had & created this little nifty thing from some Moda Dea (I think anyway). It's hard to tell from the photo but there's the main pouch itself with a pocket in the back for my iPod. I got so many compliments on it! Mostly everyone used those silly badge holder lanyard things that were free but so many people asked me where I got it mine that I may make a bunch prior to next year's conference to sell off (and thus pay for extra margaritas! :hook), perhaps with the attendee's logo? I dunno - I have to play with that one.

th_iPod2.jpg

th_iPod1.jpg

I used an L hook & chained as wide as I wanted it to be, then sc in rows back & forth until I had the length that I wanted. I then decreased 1 sc on either end until I had only one sc left & this created the flap. Then, I whipstitched the sides together. Just under the flap, I re-attached the yarn & chained the strap the length I wanted (although I learned that adding a iPod does tend to stretch the strap!) & attached the yarn at the other side, also just under the flap. I turned & sc back along the strap to give extra strength. For the pocket in back, I just chained the width of the iPod & did sc back & forth until it was just a bit shorter than the iPod itself. I then whipstitched it into place. The whole thing took me about an hour to stitch.

Quote://so many people asked me where I got it mine that I may make a bunch prior to next year's conference to sell off (and thus pay for extra margaritas! :hook), perhaps with the attendee's logo? I dunno - I have to play with that one.

th_iPod2.jpg

th_iPod1.jpg

what a great idea. and of course you should charge enough so you can have margaritas as one can never have to many margaritas:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol great job, love them:manyheart vicki

Archived