2009 Weight Loss Afghan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that's so awesome. It's not so expensive to make one ?

Years ago, I thought about making PVC spinning wheel. But the website vanished from the internet. :cry

I do have a bag of merlino wool/silk waiting to be spin. I could send it over to you if you want it. It's neglected for years. I have to accept that I wouldn't use it. I got it from an white elephant sale years ago when I got into spinning.

Wow! That is so awesome of you to offer the wool to me. :hugThanks.

Here are plans to make a pvc spinning wheel. If you decide you want to make it, you'll want to keep your wool, if not, I can take it off your hands!

I probably spent close to $100 trying to make this wheel. But some of it was wasted on trial and error, and I couldn't make use of that 2nd movie reel either. If I were to make another wheel like this one right now, it probably would only cost around $60-$65. And if I didn't bother with the movie reel and just used wood, that would knock $25 off the cost.

Wow, that's so awesome. It's not so expensive to make one ?

Years ago, I thought about making PVC spinning wheel. But the website vanished from the internet. :cry

I do have a bag of merlino wool/silk waiting to be spin. I could send it over to you if you want it. It's neglected for years. I have to accept that I wouldn't use it. I got it from an white elephant sale years ago when I got into spinning.

Edited by Tia

ajandbella's mom, I think you can do it too.

Well, I arrived in Hilton Head after a 13 hr. estimated drive that was actually 16 hrs.(traffic and such) at 140 lbs. I was hoping to be at least 1 lb. less. No idea what I will come home weighing. We did ride bikes about 12 miles the past 5 days. But, we returned the bikes today.

Thanks for the encouragement, Gardener and Tia.

Good Monday afternoon everyone! :sun It is a 'nice', sweltering day here in the mountains of West Virginia.:hot Got the air conditioners cranked!

How was everybody's weekend? I had a great weekend, but started feeling under the weather last night. I feel a bit better today, but should rest the next few days and take it easy. However, I couldn't resist working on my spinning wheel first thing this morning.

I've figured out how to attach the other movie reel! :clap The drive band won't go around the reels as originally planned. I made wooden whorls that go behind the reels. So I guess the movie reels are for aesthetics now. But that's okay, I LOVE how they look on there.

I'm still waiting on the polyband and still tweaking a couple things like the treadle cord and spindle support. But now the wheel has a larger ratio and won't spin so fast. :yes

Edited by Tia

Wonderfully comfortable here on the Washington coast.

The dogs and I walked for seven miles yesterday and I capped off the afternoon by climbing two trees. The scale loves me!:clap

Can't wait to get rid of the belly bulge. I'm going the medication route to shrink the tumors before doing a hysterectomy. I'm going to have to come up with a really good project to celebrate!

:hi everybody.

Oh boy, the stairways and hilly streets in San Francisco almost kill me. My father decide to do three walks last weekend. It's really a murder on my calves. I do have fun though. We usually do one walk/hike per weekend. My legs are still sore. I think I will do a light walk later.

Tia, I will check my closet (where most of my yarn stash are stored) and decide how to ship the wool. I will PM you later this week when I am ready to do the shipping. :)

Wow, that's great! :clap How is it possible, losing almost 20 pounds in three days ?

It's mind-boggling. Congrats on the weight loss! :cheerWhat are you making to reflect the weight loss, an afghan ?

Wow, that's great! :clap How is it possible, losing almost 20 pounds in three days ?

It's mind-boggling. Congrats on the weight loss! :cheerWhat are you making to reflect the weight loss, an afghan ?

I am having to eat a bland diet which means no fatty, tomatoey, spicy food. I am having trouble with my gallbladder. I am having it removed this Thursday. At least this gallbladder disease is good for one thing all of my weight loss.

I am making an afghan to show my weight loss. I am making an afghan just like the one from the TV show Roseanne. If you have ever seen that show the afghan stays on the back of the living room couch. I have always loved that afghan. Even before I learned to crochet.

I am making 2 squares for each pound I loose. A square will represent half a pound. I will post a picture once I have it done I have a lot of squares to catch up on. I need to catch up on 48 squares :eek:eek. Maybe I'll watch Roseanne while I work on the squares.

Fantastic news!!:hug

I'll be your cheering section through the last 43 pounds!:cheer:cheer

Thank you! You ladies are a great help. You ladies & my husband are the happiest for me (besides me) about my weight loss. I love the support from this CAL.

I am having to eat a bland diet which means no fatty, tomatoey, spicy food. I am having trouble with my gallbladder. I am having it removed this Thursday. At least this gallbladder disease is good for one thing all of my weight loss.

I am making an afghan to show my weight loss. I am making an afghan just like the one from the TV show Roseanne. If you have ever seen that show the afghan stays on the back of the living room couch. I have always loved that afghan. Even before I learned to crochet.

I am making 2 squares for each pound I loose. A square will represent half a pound. I will post a picture once I have it done I have a lot of squares to catch up on. I need to catch up on 48 squares :eek:eek. Maybe I'll watch Roseanne while I work on the squares.

Bland food is a good idea, especially breakfast. I read somewhere in an online article that the stomach don't get stimulated much in the early day as it does later in the day.

I google Roseanne's crocheted afghan pictures and found the granny squares. The idea that someone make a similar blanket to the one on a sitcom is so awesome. I can't wait to see your version. :yes

I am changing my mind on what I would like to do. I have been lusting at Katchkan's Winter Dreams Capelet. I so badly want to make that for myself, and this CAL is a great incentive.:hook Now I just need to order the pattern.

The dogs and I have been walking between 15 and 20 miles a week. when will this exercise start showing on my body??

:cheer:cheerGo, Jempast, go!!:cheer:cheer

I've lost 3 lbs. this week!!! :yay:yay:yay

KellieD - I updated your pattern choice. Yay for you for so much exercise! I'm waiting for it to cool off before I hit the hiking trails again. And it WILL show, just remember you are adding muscle weight...but that's good!

Edited by Tia
Wonderfully comfortable here on the Washington coast.

The dogs and I walked for seven miles yesterday and I capped off the afternoon by climbing two trees. The scale loves me!:clap

Can't wait to get rid of the belly bulge. I'm going the medication route to shrink the tumors before doing a hysterectomy. I'm going to have to come up with a really good project to celebrate!

Kellie - I have just gone through this myself! What meds are you on? Lupron Depot?? I was put on a three month round of Lupron to sprink my fibroids before surgery and on June 30th I had a total abdominal hypsterectomy. It went well and I feel great. I was surprised that I did not lose a bunch of weight (apparently even huge fibroids are not always heavy...) but my belly is flatter. My uterus was amost the size of a basketball :eek Normal is the size of a pear! Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns about surgery!