2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O.K. Tia- What on earth are you doing that you were able to lose 25 lbs. in less than 2 months?:think

I'm stuck at a 10 lb. loss for about 2 weeks now. I'm sure we are ALL curious what is making you so successful.:)

A BIG congrats to you for losing so much SO FAST!!!:h5

Well I lost half of that in the first two weeks. I dropped my caloric intake to around 1000 for one week, then 1200 for about two weeks. Now I am am steadily taking in 1500 per wk. Also I started exercising.

But most importantly, I'm eating healthy foods. Almost no junk food, low fat meats, like chicken, turkey and bison. Also boiled eggs and hummus for protein. And lots of fresh produce, 2% milk, 2% cheddar (in small amounts).

I think what's helped the most is cutting way back on carbs. And the carbs I do eat are from fresh produce and multi-grain products.

so ya eating good well not so good lol. i had olive garden for lunch today, pizza for dinner last night and there are always fresh home made chocolate chip cookies in the house. grrrrr. so here's to hoping to walk my hill tomorrow. i did just get done scrubbing the bathroom so that counts for me since i don't do it every day lol. and i'm going to do some crunches tonight so i can do another square. lol they are all coming out diff sizes lol. oops i will have to work on that :P keep up the good work everyone you are all doing great. i only have one more week of not trying to lose weight b/c a week from tomorrow my daughter turns one :( and i said that i was my cut off so as of march 3rd i'm trying to lose the weight. wish me luck

Well I lost half of that in the first two weeks. I dropped my caloric intake to around 1000 for one week, then 1200 for about two weeks. Now I am am steadily taking in 1500 per wk. Also I started exercising.

But most importantly, I'm eating healthy foods. Almost no junk food, low fat meats, like chicken, turkey and bison. Also boiled eggs and hummus for protein. And lots of fresh produce, 2% milk, 2% cheddar (in small amounts).

I think what's helped the most is cutting way back on carbs. And the carbs I do eat are from fresh produce and multi-grain products.

Cutting carbs works for me too. I try hard to keep my carbs to whole grains, and minimize them, but I like to bake bread and there's nothing like nice warm bread.

Lyndsay, you can do it!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer good luck!

Carbs are definitely an issue with me. I try to limit myself to whole grains as much as possible. If we have pasta I fix the barilla mixed kind - I don't have it in the house right now or I'd tell you the name....it's a mix of whole grain and regular, and isn't yucky like the completely whole grain. My family eats it without complaint, so that's good. Even though I fix that kind, I only take a small portion and then eat lots of veggies with it.

Fresh warm bread is a temptation I try to avoid, since I can't trust myself around it!

Speaking of fresh warm bread...the store where I work makes fresh bread every morning and that is ALL you smell! Talk about torture!!!! I did recently read somewhere that you get more pleasure from smelling food then actually tasting it? How do you guys feel about that?

I had my weigh in this AM and I lost 2lbs this week making a total of 15!!! I can't beleive it! Now I can finish the last 2 rows on my afghan and I think that means I start a new color on it next week. (If I lose that is!)

I walked a total of 8 miles this past week. I am glad I did. I really had to push myself!

Speaking of fresh warm bread...the store where I work makes fresh bread every morning and that is ALL you smell! Talk about torture!!!! I did recently read somewhere that you get more pleasure from smelling food then actually tasting it? How do you guys feel about that?

I had my weigh in this AM and I lost 2lbs this week making a total of 15!!! I can't beleive it! Now I can finish the last 2 rows on my afghan and I think that means I start a new color on it next week. (If I lose that is!)

I walked a total of 8 miles this past week. I am glad I did. I really had to push myself!

I don't know about the smell being better than eating..... Seems like if that was true there wouldn't be so many chubby people around!:lol

Congratulations on the weight loss, and the walking.

Good Luck with Curves. I was able to easily lose 15 lbs. from Curves about 5 years ago and have kept that weight off.

If you've never done Curves before, you'll love it.

I did it !!! I lost another pound - makes 6 to date. Wow, this is not easy. I never had to lose weight before, but since turning 59 the weight has come on so easily with meds and slower metabolism.

Along with trying to lose is trying to keep off what I lost. Such a struggle !!!

Congrats to those who have lost.

Keep the faith to those still struggling (like me) :)

Hello, I am pleased to share that I lost 5 more pounds which put me down under 180's. I also do two exercise days. So it 's 7 tiles to add on my weight loss afghan. :)

I wish I could do more exercise outdoors but it was raining for weeks. Tonight, it will start up for a whole week again. :( I might try to find my yoga dvd and see if I can do something with it.

Tia, do you eat a lot of veggies and some fruits in your current diet ?

Congratulations on the weight losses everyone! :cheer

Diane, yes lots of veggies and some fruit. But I nearly cut out the fruit juices, even though I was careful to get 100% juice, not concentrated. Fruit contains the fiber that is taken out of the juice. And the juice was so high in carbs.

How is everyone doing? I have been faithfully walking everyday, and I'm finally eating better. I'm trying hard to eat a lot of fresh foods, whole grains, and watching my fat and sugar intake. Still haven't lost any more weight, but hopefully it is coming.

Hey everybody!

I found a couple products you all might like to try: Shirataki noodles and Celestial Seasonings English Toffee Tea.

If you're interested, hop on over to the WW thread and read my posts about them.

The posts are on pages 88 and 89.

Enjoy! :cheer

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75193&page=88

There are several Celestial Seasonings Tea that I enjoy. Mostly the fruity and cinnamon apples ones. I haven't tried the English toffee, sounds good!