2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

ok i need help with my pattern i have worked it over four times now and i'm sick of ripping back out lol. here is the link to my pattern http://cache.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/60153.pdf so starting on rnd 2 at the end where is say sl st in top of beg ch-12 ch-3 sp. then go to rnd 3 at the end it say ch-18 ch-3 sp. what does this all mean, does it mean chain 12 then chain 3 in the same space and if so how the heck do i do that. like i said this is my first time reading a pattern so bare with me:D

It's telling you how many ch 3 spaces you should have after the rnd. At the end of rnd 1, you should have 6, at the end of rnd 2 you should have 12, at the end of rnd 3 you should have 18. If you go back to the pic, you can count the ch 3 spaces in each rnd and see what I mean.

At least that is how I am reading it, someone might have another suggestion. But that is my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Good luck....Pam

ETA: What to add, that the slip stitch in the beg ch, is the end of the round.

Edited by PassthePeace1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I admire you for wanting to stop smoking & doing something about it. I wish my mom & stepdad would stop. They are heavy smokers. I can't stand the smell of cigarettes. Keep up the good work. I know you can stop the bad habit. Have you heard of the Nintendo DS video game that is designed to help people to stop smoking? I have thought several times about buying my mom a DS & the game.

My husband & I have never smoked. I would love for my parents to stop.

Good luck!

Thanks, but today I smoked two off of my schedule. Had a bad day:thumbdown, I am really mad at myself. :angry Must do better tomorrow.

I never heard of the DS for quitting smoking, I'll have to look into that...I love to play games. I have been playing Jewel Quest III and that seems to help.

Pam C.

It's telling you how many ch 3 spaces you should have after the rnd. At the end of rnd 1, you should have 6, at the end of rnd 2 you should have 12, at the end of rnd 3 you should have 18. If you go back to the pic, you can count the ch 3 spaces in each rnd and see what I mean.

At least that is how I am reading it, someone might have another suggestion. But that is my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Good luck....Pam

ETA: What to add, that the slip stitch in the beg ch, is the end of the round.

thank you for that. i just figured it out before i got back online lol. i think i was reading into to much. lol :P so i just finished my first one, well the first one that's right anyways lol. the first one i did my husband asked if it was a loofah lol:think

Thanks, but today I smoked two off of my schedule. Had a bad day:thumbdown, I am really mad at myself. :angry Must do better tomorrow.

I never heard of the DS for quitting smoking, I'll have to look into that...I love to play games. I have been playing Jewel Quest III and that seems to help.

Pam C.

don't be too hard on yourself just get back on your schedule tomorrow. each day is a new day:yes you can do it!:clap:clap

Good morning everyone... been a very buzy last 2 weeks. Enjoyed catching up with all the posts.

Glad to say I have lost 1 more pound. :clap I was beginning to think it would never come off again.

This makes a total of 5. My cardiologist was happy too.

Congrats to all that have lost and all that have stopped smoking.

To all that haven't budged or gained- don't worry. It happens to us all.

Would love to see some works in progress. I too will post mine as soon as possible. :hook

I maintained yet again. Which is good practice for when I hit my goal weight, right? I fell off the exercise-wagon in a major way, but I'm shifting my schedule around and I'm back on the wagon as of today. Congrats to everyone who has lost/not smoked, and hang in there for the rest of us! We can do it together!!

Good afternoon! I haven't done much exercising either. But I didn't manage to lose the 2 lbs. I gained over Valentine weekend plus one more. That makes a total of 39 lbs. lost. About 25 of that just since Christmas!

I have managed to exercise for each of the past three days. Hopefully I can keep it up.

I ended up being at work until 8 on Tuesday. Since dh had gone out I thought I'd swing through Wendys and get a burger and fries. I rethought that as I drove up, and drove across the street to get a soft chicken taco at Taco Bell and had some fresh veggies and an orange with it when I got home.

so since i finally figured out this pattern :think i have started to catch up lol. i have three done and working on the fourth. though i don't think i will use the first one i made since i was still working the kinks out and it's not very good. :hook but i'm having fun with patterns i can't wait to try out some more.

so i have been at the same weight for months between 1-3 lbs that i keep shifting ugh. so my squares are for exercise. and trust me with two kids under two and two days a week i have my friends two year old and a four month old puppy, well lets just say they keep me on my toes lol. my daughter is teething really bad and does not want to be put down so i carry her around a lot during the day as well lol. and she is not a little girl she is in 18m clothes already and will be one next month. :( she is growing up wayyyy to fast. makes me want another one but dh says not while we are living with my folks we have run out of room to put the kids since we all sleep in one room. well my son is in our walk-in closet with the door off and a toddler bed, so it's kinda like his own little room. ok done with my novel lol:D

keep up the good work everyone we can do it:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Congrats Tia! I'm back on track with drinking my water, but I have not been running. I'm thinking that the marathon that I was planning on doing in June might end up being a half marathon for me. It's disappointing, but I think it's more realistic since I've never been a distance runner. Either way, I need to get back out there and run so I can work on my squares! :)

Pam, You can do it! It is hard when you are with other smokers. I tend to want to smoke around smokers. Eventhough, I am not a smoker! It is a social thing I think. Just remember your progress so far and you don't want to stink at your son's wedding! LOL! As for eating, eat whatever you want. Just use portion control and carry minty gum, spray, or strips. That usually gets rid of my urges to eat. Plus, you'll have minty fresh breath! Good Luck and Congrats!

A friend emailed the following and I thought I'd share it:

The Importance of Walking- good advice!

Walking can add minutes to your life.This enables you, at 85 years old, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.

My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he's 97 years old and we don't know where he is.

I like long walks... especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the morning... before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise,' I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

The advantage of exercising every day is so, when you die, they'll say, 'Well, she looks good, doesn't she?'

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years,...... just getting over the hill.

We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You could walk this over to your friends...

but just e-mail it to them instead!

Edited by Tia

Tia - hysterical !!! I laughed out loud at all of them - my hubby thought I was losing it. :lol

Pam- congrats on your son's marriage!!! Hope all goes well and you enjoy yourself. Don't worry - any "slip ups" can be corrected after the wedding is over. A happy occasion is a wonderful thing in these hard times. Dance a lot - it's exercise and burns calories. :lol:manyheart

I am holding the 5 lb loss and my cardiologist changed my blood pressure meds AGAIN. Start them today - hope they don't put weight on like other meds did.

Good luck to all !!!!

Progress on my afghan, 4 more squares. I can't say I like all of the patterns in this book, but I really like the finished afghan, so I will keep going. excuse the poor photography. Those orange things are tags, so I can keep track of what's what.

th_DSCF0020-4.jpg

Good afternoon! I haven't done much exercising either. But I didn't manage to lose the 2 lbs. I gained over Valentine weekend plus one more. That makes a total of 39 lbs. lost. About 25 of that just since Christmas!

O.K. Tia- What on earth are you doing that you were able to lose 25 lbs. in less than 2 months?:think

I'm stuck at a 10 lb. loss for about 2 weeks now. I'm sure we are ALL curious what is making you so successful.:)

A BIG congrats to you for losing so much SO FAST!!!:h5