2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

thank ladies, well i think ladies, not sure if there are any gentlemen lol. but anywho ya i'm not good at reading patterns so i'm still working on my patter than i want to use lol i will get there soon um i hope lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please, please, please!! Tell me that a day of climbing trees is exercise!:whew

I had to prune a big old oak tree today and so much of it I couldn't reach from a ladder. PLEASE!! Let me have this as exercise as I'll be feeling it tomorrow!:eek

Burn pile next, I'm afraid.:fire

In WW, they tell us anything we don't normally do in the day-to-day is exercise. Park your car at the far end of the lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, do squats while you brush your teeth, etc.

So YES! Unless you climb trees every day and your body is used to it, it's exercise! :lol

Crochet crone...That is wicked beautiful! I love that pattern! hopefully you'll be making a bunch!

Well, I weigh in tomorrow! All I hope for is 1 pound! That is how I don't get disappointed! I'll check in tomorrow.

Tia, We had a weather tease today. It was 47 at 9am!!!! I was so excited that I was going to walk on my lunch break and at noon it was down to 30 with that stupid wind chill of what seemed like 50 below!! Oh well, That is what Maine is famous for. "If you don't like the weather....wait a minute!"

We're having a bit of a warm spell too. Nice! Supposed to be 55 F today. :sun

I am down two lbs. after maintaining for a couple weeks! Yay! :cheer

I'm still job hunting, got a couple leads I'm hoping for. I'm also thinking of setting up a table at the flea market this year (starts end of Mar. but doesn't really get going until it warms up more.)

Hi everyone. Just checking in... am maintaining at a 4 pound loss & working very hard to keep it!! Need to work on my afghan but lately between work, going to the gym and all the regular duties of life (shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc) I have been putting all crochet projects to the side. Just too tired !!!!!

The weather in northern VA has been pretty warm for the past few days - in the 50's and 60's. We are expected to keep same for the next week or so. Maybe having the warmth of the sun will get me moving. :lol

Good luck to everyone on their not smoking, losing pounds and exercise routines. Keep up the good work !!!!! :yay

TIA: good luck looking for a job. They're out there, just need to keep plugging away till you find one.

I weighed in today and had a 2lb loss! Now I have a total of 13 lbs! Yay! So tonight I can add 2 more rows to hot chocolate! If I lose 3 pounds next week I'll get to change colors!

I had to prune a big old oak tree today and so much of it I couldn't reach from a ladder. PLEASE!! Let me have this as exercise as I'll be feeling it tomorrow!:eek

Burn pile next, I'm afraid.:fire

If it makes you sweat or makes you sore, it counts. :)

Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight or maintained.

Also, way to go for those who haven't smoked! That is the BEST decision you are making to be healthier.

Make healthy choices!

Yay for all those who are doing well! :yay

I'm going to have to get my wedding rings sized soon...they feel like their going to fall off, so I haven't been wearing them much, not unless I go out, and then their constantly turning around on me.

Maybe I'll wear them on a chain until I'm finished losing weight and then have them sized just once. Or maybe I can take some jewelry wire and wrap them together with it.

Tia, thats fantastic!

Everyone else--gooooooooooooo team!!

Im a month and 10 days into my stop smoking quest...i have had ONE slip up and that was about two weeks ago. Had a glass(or three) of wine one night and made a trip to the neighbors...but it was only one and I havent had one since.

I finally got up the nerve to weigh myself on sunday. I would like to lose 15 pounds...so i think i am going to switch my goal now, if it is all right, and join in the weight loss endeavor.

No weight loss this week, have been having some problems with my alergies and IBS, so a little bloated, but at least I havn't put any on.

As it's slow going with my weight loss I have deceided that I will carry on knitting my squares and block and sew them together for each 1/2 lb lost, that way I might get my throw by this time next year:lol

I haven't been on forever, but I'm in on this one.

I'm gonna change the rules a little to fit me and my situation, but I know you'll support me and keep me accountable.

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and my Dr. says I MUST exercise. I HATE to exercise:grumpy. But I have to, at least walk for 45 minutes a day. So, here is what I will be doing: I am going to make the Yo-Yo afghan Almoreland posted. (Very Beautiful, BTW) Everyday that I walk my 45 minutes, I can sit and crochet 4-5 yo yos. the weight will come off I'm sure, but I'm focusing on getting into the habit of exercising.

Thanks for such an awesome idea!!