2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

Thanks, Gardener....sorry you are feeling discouraged. Good for you for planning to continue!!

Maintaining every now and again during weight loss is very normal, though highly discouraging and it may be why some give up. So keep plugging away.

I've been maintaining for about two weeks now. Grrrr! :blush So I'm right there with you.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry not been around. We got hit here bad with an ice storm. We're without power for 7 days just got it yesterday. I weighted in this morning and during all this living at my husband's job at the radio stattion no way to cook but eat out. I manged to not gain any but lost 0.4lbs not sure how but will take it.

Good Luck to everyone on the job hunt!:xfin I know that once my daughter enters kindergarten, I will be on the hunt too. That will be in the fall of 2010. It will be here before I know it!:eek

I'm plugging away on my weight loss afghan. It seems like by the time the kids are in bed....I'm too tired to work on it.:sleep

I'm maintaining for over a week at a 10 lb. loss.:sigh Although, I've been eating more white flour products than I should.:2nono I have to really rediscipline myself to eat the wheat pastas and breads.

It seems to be the time of the year that everyone falls into a "funk". February might be a short month, but seems longer than any of the others.

I too have not really lost any more weight but have been maintaining what I did lose. Hopefully it will just fall off all at one time. :lol

Just keep in mind bathing suit season is right around the block. :sun

Hopefully we will all be slim and trim enough to get into our bathing suits !!!

Good luck to all those looking for jobs. :manyheart

Congrats to all those who have lost weight. :clap

Don't give up to all of us that are holding our own... at least we are trying. :cheer

Hi guys! I am actually doing well! Last Monday I lost 3 lbs! That is a total of 11 lbs since 1-5-09! I am so surprised! Weight Watchers RULES!!!! It changes your ways of thinking and I am in NO WAY deprieving myself of any sweets. If I want some I just control it! This is about the time I fall off the wagon though. Either I get depressed that I have not lost or I get cocky thinking I'll lose no matter what! So I hope I just stay steady!

I have 11 rows of my Hot Chocolate Ghan done. I will be changing colors at row 15 so 4 more lbs and it is color change time! Woo-Hoo.

I'll try and get in here and post more. My computer is in a room that we don't heat and I have a hard time motivating myself out here. Now I must go because my teeth are chattering and my fingers are numb.

Hey! Chattering teeth.......that has got to burn calories! LOL!!!!

Jelepe- we keep our computer in the basement (along with the TV) and it's always freezing down here which limits my time with both. Come August, I'll probably want to move down here. :lol

Arlinka- I take my measurements every month and I do it in my bathing suit. It's highly motivating to say the least. ;)

Gardiner- plateaus are the worst. I hit one in March last year and it took me 2 months to break out of it and lose again.

Tia- good luck with the job hunt!

I maintained this week, too. But I've run twice this week and I'm feeling really good so hopefully I'll see a drop on Monday.

Good luck everyone!

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/ajandbellasmom/?action=view&current=IMG_3564.jpg

Here is my afghan for a 5 lb. weight loss. I better get my hook moving!:crocheting

I'm only half way to my actual 10 lb. weight loss. :eek

Just thought I'd show my progress so far.:hook

Edited by tmsmile

I'll try and get in here and post more. My computer is in a room that we don't heat and I have a hard time motivating myself out here. Now I must go because my teeth are chattering and my fingers are numb.

Hey! Chattering teeth.......that has got to burn calories! LOL!!!!

Same with my computer. Its actually a laptop, but I seldom think to remove it from the desk and take it elsewhere. (not sure why.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/ajandbellasmom/?action=view&current=IMG_3564.jpg

Here is my afghan for a 5 lb. weight loss. I better get my hook moving!:crocheting

I'm only half way to my actual 10 lb. weight loss. :eek

Just thought I'd show my progress so far.:hook

The afghan is just beautiful.

Hi Just wanted to let you know that I am still around and do plan on taking part in this CAL. I have started but have not yet completed my first square for the "Blusing Grannies" afghan squares that I am making for my weight lose. For the month of January I have lost a total of 8 pounds. I only weigh myself when I go to the doctor's office. I was very sick for the month of January so I do not know if this weight lost stemmed from that. I know one thing now that I am finally feeling better I have not gained any weight. As soon as I get a chance to figure out the squares I am making and I get a few crochet I will share my progress of the afghan with you. :manyheart

Hi Just wanted to let you know that I am still around and do plan on taking part in this CAL. I have started but have not yet completed my first square for the "Blusing Grannies" afghan squares that I am making for my weight lose. For the month of January I have lost a total of 8 pounds. I only weigh myself when I go to the doctor's office. I was very sick for the month of January so I do not know if this weight lost stemmed from that. I know one thing now that I am finally feeling better I have not gained any weight. As soon as I get a chance to figure out the squares I am making and I get a few crochet I will share my progress of the afghan with you. :manyheart

Good to hear from you!

Yay to losing 8 lbs.! Sorry you had to be sick. But so glad you're feeling better now. :hug

I used to keep the computer in the basement...it was actually the warmest place in the house because that's where the boiler is. But I hated it down there...I like to watch TV while on the computer, so I moved it upstairs.

It was 13 degrees when I got up this morning. Now I think it's 16. Brrr....:wbrr

At least we're not expecting any snow. There is still snow on the ground from earlier this week. The skies are clear blue!

Thank you for the nice compliments on my afghan.

I thought it was pretty when I found the pattern. It's not too hard..once I got used to the crossover dc to make the cable indentations.

I just need to set aside a certain amount of time each day to crochet. I'm sure most of you can relate.

Tia....and here we are whining about 30 so we can't ride our bikes. Keep warm! I hope the job hunt is going well for you, have your tired you local craft store? I'm sure they know you in there!

I am still on 9th tile on my weight loss afghan. I am pleased that my weight is same for few days.

I planned to do some hiking this weekend. I decide to try running soon. I had to wait for a while until I can lose more weight. It will not be good for my knees to carry extra weight. I am at the point where I feel I can run safely. :)

hi i'm new, but what a wonderful idea. I think i will join sorta. I have to be careful about how much weight i lose and how fast since I'm still nursing my youngest. but i will have to think about what kind of afghan i want to make. I"m sorta new to patterns i have always just kinda done my own thing lol.

Hello Everyone!

Congrats to all that have lost!

Nice progress ajandbellsmom!

Well, I had a big gain this week and I have no excuse but I still trying and working out. I believe I am going to be making more exercise squares than weight loss ones.

Everyone have a great day!