2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is definitely something I wanted to discuss with everybody before the end of the year is out. If I've reached my goal by 2010, then someones else can take it over, otherwise, I'll consider doing it another year myself. But I do think it ought to start fresh with a new thread called 2010 Weight Loss Afghan, otherwise it's getting too long.

I agree about the starting a 2010 Weight Loss Afghan thread.

Just discovered that I upper myself to 195. :cry Not so good when I was at 185 last month.

At least, I walked daily this week. I have to watch what I eat again. I will add the tiles next week.

I found that I had gained 9 lbs. myself. So I buckled down and was able to lose 2 lbs. this week! :yay I want to lose the next 7 lbs. (to get back down to my 40 lb. loss) and lose another 25 lbs. by the end of the year.

Jempast - One thing surgery does do is make you lose your appetite for a while. Won't be long before you hit your weight loss goal!:clap

Had the ultrasound done yesterday and the ultrasound tech said that if the doc does remove the uterus, I shouldn't have a belly bulge any more.. The darn thing is THAT BIG!!:eek

I wonder if I can hit 170 by my birthday in October?

Kellie- What did the utrasound show? Is their a mass growing in the uterus? Are you in a lot of pain? I hope that all will go well for you.

Jempast- I hope that your surgery goes well for you, too. I hear that gallbladder surgery isn't as invasive as it used to be. I'm sure you'll be in good hands.

I'll be talking to the doctor next week about the results of the ultrasound. Right now fibrous tumors are suspected. Not painful at all, thank goodness. I'm sure if it is anything major he'll be calling me rather than making me wait.

I bought a pair of slacks the next size down today without trying them on first, got them home and they fit like a dream!:clap

Tia, when are we going to see your mystery project?

Still working on it. :D I got that one part in the mail finally, need to prime and paint it and the piece that it goes with. Just decided I wanted them painted. Got the primer today, will get the paint tomorrow, they didn't have the kind I wanted at the hardware store I went to this morning. Most of the frame work is put together....probably be ready middle to end of next week if all goes well.

I would have been finished a long time ago if I knew what i was doing! :lol But it's been a great learning experience.

I'll work on it some today. I'm also going to be dyeing some yarn this weekend. That is a lot of fun, if you've never tried it. :yarn

Okay, I get to guess! PICK ME!! PICK ME!!:clap

Is it a loom??

Nope, not a loom, but good guess....a loom would be fun, if I had room that would be my next project. Actually I've already started buying stuff for the next project. It goes with the first, so can't tell you what it is or I'd give it away. :D

Wow, dyed yarn look so beautiful!

Good news, I did some exercise days. I also lost some pounds, thanks to the heat wave. All water weight but I am still happy. :D

I am going to wait until the heat wave is over, so I can add more tiles. :yes

Wow, dyed yarn look so beautiful!

Good news, I did some exercise days. I also lost some pounds, thanks to the heat wave. All water weight but I am still happy. :D

I am going to wait until the heat wave is over, so I can add more tiles. :yes

Thanks and congrats on the weight loss! :yay

WOW!!!! The yarn is beautiful! Do you have a special project for it?

Is it expensive to dye your own yarn? It looks worth it if it is.

WOW!!!! The yarn is beautiful! Do you have a special project for it?

Is it expensive to dye your own yarn? It looks worth it if it is.

Thanks!

Well I wouldn't say it's too expensive. I got the yarn here...(the $3.79/hanks), some worsted, some fingering....and the dyes on this page. I bought Fire Red, Yellow Sun, Emerald, Sapphire Blue and Chestnut. You can really do anything with a combination of those. A 100 gram hank is really big... about the size of a RHSS, because the wool is light weight, but they are 220 yds. for worsted and 440 yds for fingering.

What I bought is soooo soft and squishy and it felts really well, you have to be careful not to agitate or twist it too much during the dying and washing process. But re-winding it when you're done gets any 'stuck' strands apart. After dyeing, I hand wash the yarn in lavender-scented Mrs. Meyers Clean Day laundry detergent, found at Target. Lavender helps to ward off wool-eating moths.

I don't really have any specific projects in mind, though I know I want to make some scarfs and other wintery wearables. They are all different colors, so I'll have to stick to smaller projects. I did about six skeins, but didn't get pics of them all, some aren't wound into hanks yet. I use a skeinwinder that I bought on Etsy....like this one, though I don't remember the sellers name.

Well, if you need a guinea pig to make something for, I volunteer!:wink

Beautiful yarn. I love how the colors turned out.

I figure that any weight you lose is good, water weight or not. What has been exciting for me is to have the scale read fully clothed what it used to read when I was naked.:woo

:lol....and thanks! If the rest of the skeins come out just as well, I might take them to the local vendors marketplace and try to sell them.

Well, if you need a guinea pig to make something for, I volunteer!:wink

Beautiful yarn. I love how the colors turned out.

I figure that any weight you lose is good, water weight or not. What has been exciting for me is to have the scale read fully clothed what it used to read when I was naked.:woo

For me, the weight was pretty same when I am naked or clothed. It's just few pounds difference when I have my sneakers on. :shrug My weight was so different during the day. So I tried to weight in early mornings. Also I tried to weight on Tuesdays, a 'stable weight' day of the week.

I know what you mean. I have had my weight fluctuate up to five pounds during the day.

The dogs and I have been hitting the trail for about 5 miles three days a week. I have fun, they get tired, the pants fit better. It is a win-win situation!!

I know what you mean. I have had my weight fluctuate up to five pounds during the day.

The dogs and I have been hitting the trail for about 5 miles three days a week. I have fun, they get tired, the pants fit better. It is a win-win situation!!

That's awesome about the trail. Do you run or walk ?

Someone send me a Macy's ad about FitFlips. I thought I might share this link with anyone who enjoy daily walking. (running errands, etc)

Check the range section, there are different designs, even for men. I thought about checking it out at Macy's later this week. I don't know how much a pair costs.

http://www.fitflop.com/

I walk it, the dogs run it. Where we currently go is a trail that used to be a railroad line that runs along a slough through an old homestead. Very level, very wooded and just a few miles from home. I spend more time rubbernecking at the changing fall colors, scoping out the waterfowl, gawking at the really old orchards... too much fun to feel like exercising and it has the side benefit of keeping me in shape for the off season mountain hiking.