2009 Weight Loss Afghan

Tia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's so exciting to hear how everyone is doing. I finally bought the yarn for my weight loss afghan tonight.

I'm doing a Lion pattern called "Circles to Squares" in Pink/Green/Purple. Still need to figure out how to divide up the sm/med/lg circles for weight loss, but I think I'll crochet the squares for my exercise goals. Guess it shows how the excercise is the glue that holds the weight loss together.

Here's the link:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70408AD.html

OK, I finally got back on the wagon. Went to my weigh-in for the first time in WEEKS and managed to ONLY gain .6 pounds through the holidays. I'm encouraged and back to points and exercise. :cheer Yay, me!

I still haven't done any motifs, but I was scary close to not trying at all.

amoreland-Congrats on purchasing the South Beach book. I really believe you will feel so much healthier with the FEW dietary changes you will have to make. It sounds like you are ready for a change and that is a GREAT step to being heart healthy.

Bigfunfam-Nursing is such a wonderful source of nutrition for your babies and healthy for you. But, it's evil in that those 10 extra pounds just stay on the body. I actually lost 15 pounds(of pre-pregnancy weight) nursing my son and kept eating as if I was still nursing 6 months after he was weaned and gained 30 back//YIKES!!!!:eek

Congrats to all who have lost, exercised and made any healthy change in your lives. Keep up the GREAT work!!

:cheer:clapI lost 5 pounds this week:cheer:clap I get to make 10 inches on my weight loss ghan.

I made a sample swatch and will stick the Crochet Cable Afghan.

Congrats on the losses everyone! :clap:clap

Gina- how are you doing?

I've almost lost everything I gained last week. Urg. I'm banning crackers from the house for a while. Actually, my husband bought a huge package of them at Costco so they are in the house. BUT I put them on a shelf that I need a chair to reach so he has easy access but they are out-of-sight-soon-to-be-out-of-mind. I hope.

Deb - your project is so pretty and is such an inspiration to me. I saw how much you accomplished and looked at what I did.... only the chain so far. Only lost the 1 lb - still off tho - but have not been well for the past week and haven't thought much about losing. Hopefully this week will be better. Thanks for posting a picture and congrats on your weight loss !!!!!

I have decided after seeing Deb's beautiful afghan, I want to make a "new" afghan and not just put together squares that I already have. Tia, I hope you don't mind me changing my pattern. I do need to get back to you on the pattern I am choosing. I weigh in tomorrow!!!! So hopefully I can make some squares!!!

amoreland-Congrats on purchasing the South Beach book. I really believe you will feel so much healthier with the FEW dietary changes you will have to make. It sounds like you are ready for a change and that is a GREAT step to being heart healthy.

:cheer:clapI lost 5 pounds this week:cheer:clap I get to make 10 inches on my weight loss ghan.

I made a sample swatch and will stick the Crochet Cable Afghan.

WooHoo! Congrats on the 5 lbs!! Way to go! :)

I started reading the SB book. It looks like it's going to be very helpful. There is alot of good info in there. More than just about the diet. Lots of tips on becoming heart healthy. :)

I'm finally posting the pictures of my Grecian Tiles Afghan. I have put together the first 21 lbs....I mean squares! I need to make another 6 to get it caught up. What do you think?

th_Christmas2008008.jpgth_Christmas2008010.jpgth_Christmas2008009.jpg

Oooh that is so pretty. :yes The kitties are very cute too!

I have decided after seeing Deb's beautiful afghan, I want to make a "new" afghan and not just put together squares that I already have. Tia, I hope you don't mind me changing my pattern. I do need to get back to you on the pattern I am choosing. I weigh in tomorrow!!!! So hopefully I can make some squares!!!

Don't mind at all jelepe. Just let me know when you decided.

Congrats to all who lost weight or accomplished any of their goals last week!

If not, this is a new week, last week is over. Try not to dwell on it but press ahead. I so often would start 'dieting' and be good for a few days or a week and then have one bad moment and think "Well, that didn't work out." Then go straight back to my old ways.

It's taken years, but I think I'm slowing breaking myself out of that habit. Two years ago, I spent a spring and a summer losing 30 lbs. Then it took an entire year to gain it back. I sure am praying that doesn't happen again.

I've done pretty good since this past spring at losing steadily. But I've had a lot more support from hubby and now this cal, which has been surprising in just how much motivation it provides.

We should have a motto or something. Anybody have any motivational sayings they like?

Congrats on the losses everyone! :clap:clap

Gina- how are you doing?

I've almost lost everything I gained last week. Urg. I'm banning crackers from the house for a while. Actually, my husband bought a huge package of them at Costco so they are in the house. BUT I put them on a shelf that I need a chair to reach so he has easy access but they are out-of-sight-soon-to-be-out-of-mind. I hope.

I am still here, thanks for asking. Today makes day 12 for me. I spent this weekend though, finishing up a baby afghan/hat/booties for my cousin who is due soon. Now I have one of Owlishly's etsy patterns for a little girl dressed like a flower to do for another cousin...after that I will get back to my squares.

I am still having a really hard time with not smoking..and I am also having difficulty being motivated to do anything, which is unusual for me. I put in a call to my dr this morning to see about maybe starting on some Wellbutrin, which should help with the smoking cessation and also help me shake this depression I seem to be sinking into here. All I managed to do all weekend was eat, cry, and lay around. So we will see what he says.

I am glad to hear that you got rid of your "hormonal baggage" lol. That has to make you feel a LOT better.

I'm finally posting the pictures of my Grecian Tiles Afghan. I have put together the first 21 lbs....I mean squares! I need to make another 6 to get it caught up. What do you think?

th_Christmas2008008.jpgth_Christmas2008010.jpgth_Christmas2008009.jpg

Oh my gosh! I love the colors that you chose. That is beautiful!!

So i have decided to do the Learn to Knit afghan by Barbara G Walker and I think I will do it so that I complete one square for each week I go to the gym or the equivalent 3 times or more and consume no desserts or dessert type foods. I have a feeling that my losing 15- 20 lbs is going to take a good long time... and it will be sad to not be able to work on anything even if I'm being good!

I have to say that I spend yesterday snowboarding... that was one of the best workouts of my life... 4 hours on the mountain and i ache from shoulders to ankles. build up those muscles should help with the fat loss!

I measured my body fat percentage a couple of days ago, it was 21.5% my goal is 15% which is in the healthy range for women.

Congratulations to all of you who are losing weight and quitting smoking!!

Jessica - you need to find a better chart for body fat percentage. 21% BF is in a very fit category. Female professional athletes are in the 15-20% range. You are certainly not in any BF category that requires modification. I'd say that either your measurement method was inaccurate or you really don't need to lose 15-20 pounds. If you were truly that overweight, you wouldn't have that percentage to lose.