Internet Explorer Glitch

CloudyDays

I don't know if anyone else has posted about this, but I saw on the news that Microsoft Internet Explorer has a problem, bug, whatever that lets hackers get control of your computer or something if you happen to visit an infected site. They're saying to use a different browser for the time being until Microsoft gets the problem fixed. Anyone else hear about this?

It was a Yahoo! news story. They suggested switching until the problem is straightened out. So I'm using Foxfire. It seems faster than Explorer so maybe it'll become my permanent browser.

It was a Yahoo! news story. They suggested switching until the problem is straightened out. So I'm using Foxfire. It seems faster than Explorer so maybe it'll become my permanent browser.

I just got it too Foxfire and WOW it is fast!

Edited this .

I can't believe how great this Foxfire is. Cant wait for DH to find out how fast stuff opens up and all. We thought it was our computer that was slow sometimes but before I loaded this I was waiting and waiting to get IE to open then I got to this download took care of the stuff and just amazed.

I won't surf without Firefox. :) Any problems we have ever had came from when a member of the family used IE. I am still working on getting family members to use FF. Most do -except dh who is hard to change. Eventually he'll get into it though.

:lol:lol I have tried using firefox 3 or 4 times now and I downloaded it AGAIN the other nite and tried using it again and after the 3rd day I deleted it. I just don't like it. It takes me forever and a day to do what takes me 1 second to do on IE. I can't find everything on FF that I use on IE, and that aggravates me. I don't have to download every little thing I want for IE like I do for FF, and once I do download something I want to use on FF, I can never find it. I have tried using the help/tutorial for FF to help me on my journey and I found it useless too :lol:lol. Is there something that I am not doing or understanding that is making my whole experience with FF so miserable? And why do you have download all these little plugins for FF, that are just readily available on IE? I am afraid to download all that stuff scared my puter will catch something :lol.

:lol:lol I have tried using firefox 3 or 4 times now and I downloaded it AGAIN the other nite and tried using it again and after the 3rd day I deleted it. I just don't like it. It takes me forever and a day to do what takes me 1 second to do on IE. I can't find everything on FF that I use on IE, and that aggravates me. I don't have to download every little thing I want for IE like I do for FF, and once I do download something I want to use on FF, I can never find it. I have tried using the help/tutorial for FF to help me on my journey and I found it useless too :lol:lol. Is there something that I am not doing or understanding that is making my whole experience with FF so miserable? And why do you have download all these little plugins for FF, that are just readily available on IE? I am afraid to download all that stuff scared my puter will catch something :lol.

I agree with you! I downloaded it and ended up uninstalling it because it just wasn't "user friendly" for me! Glad I'm not the only one who is an IE fan!!! :yay

Have the IE problems been taken care of? I have been using Foxfire since the problems began about a week ago, but I have a ton of bookmarks on IE, so I'd like to go back to what I'm comfortable with!

Have the IE problems been taken care of? I have been using Foxfire since the problems began about a week ago, but I have a ton of bookmarks on IE, so I'd like to go back to what I'm comfortable with!

Just so you know, you can export bookmarks from IE to Firefox. (Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Import>Import from IE.

:ctreeI don't like Firefox either. I just updated to IE 8. It is a new format and it is secure. It has some unique features that will take some retraining on my part...but you use what you want and play with the rest to see if you like it. :wreath

Merry Christmas !!!

Thanks, Rachel! I didn't know I could import my bookmarks from IE into Foxfire! Thanks to you, too, Empress for letting me know there is a patch available if I do opt to return to IE.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived