Repeats or New Horizons?

PBLKNP

Do you repeat patterns, or do you seek out new ones?

I was reflecting that, while I sometimes repeat knitting patterns, I nearly always want to try out new crochet patterns, and not repeat old ones. I'm not sure why this is...I think I like the challenge of trying something new. :hook

For me it depends - I have a couple of afghan patterns I use for baby afghans that work up quickly and are great for boys as well as girls so I will use those over and over - but I also look for a new pattern to use depending on for whom I'm making the gift. If a new pattern fits the giftee's personality I give it a try.

Yes I will reapeat a pattern. I really love a knit dishcloth pattern and I have made several. It is the Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth it knits up very fast and you could if you had enough time finish more than one in a day. I think I read somewhere that the address for the site had changed but I am not sure. I found the pattern at Dishcloths Boutique. It is a free pattern.

I will repeat patterns, especially if it is something that I like. I repeat on items like scarves, purses, dishcloths, hot pads, bookmarkers/bookthongs. But I also love looking for new patterns for things to make. So I guess you can say I do a little of both :lol:lol

I crochet to relax, in front of the TV or while reading/listening to a book. For that reason, I don't like to have my nose stuck in a pattern, so yes, I repeat a lot. Besides, I'm a bit pattern-dyslexic, so it takes me a while to figure out a pattern - I have to SEE it to understand it, which usually means doing it, then frogging, then trying again, then frogging, till the pattern sits. When it does sit, I make it thirty times more ... till I can do it in front of the TV without looking at it :lol

I am a once only person. There are only 3 patterns I have repeated. A quick hdc cap, a V stitch scarf, and a hook case. Only because they look good and are fast to make.

I never do the same afghan twice, by the time I am done with a certain one, I don't want to do it again - ever -!!!!

Too many other things on my WIMs to be repeating items.

For me, it's repeats or freeform.

Case in point: I make Priscilla Hewitt's Petite Pineapple Doily over and over and over again but if I want to make home decor or anything else I don't even look at a pattern (for the most part) I just wing it.

(That doesn't mean I'm brilliant... I'm not one of those famous pattern designers.) :)

Archived