Crochet slippers by Doris Chan

froggie

(Click on the links)

This is what my family is getting from me this Christmas--crocheted slippers designed by Doris Chan. Excuse the cruddy picture!! These are size 10 1/2 women's, done in Red Heart SS in Black, Grey, and Shocking Pink. The pattern calls for an I hook, but I did these with an H hook. For the guys, I'm using the I hook for the soles, and doing the foot and vamp with the H hook.

The guys are getting

1) Dallas Stars colors (black, dark sage green, gold and white)

2) Burgundy, navy, grey

3) Blue, Royal Blue, Delft Blue, and Light Blue

4) Black, Blue, Pumpkin, and White

I purchased the pattern here (link to Interweave/Knitting Daily). It's an easy pattern and the slippers work up pretty quick. 2 pairs down, 3 to go. And if there's time, I'll make a scrappy, multicolored pair for me!

Froggie in Denton, TX

Those look great! Are they made out of wool? No crocheted or knitted gifts from me this year. Gift cards are the rule rather than the exception:)

The slippers I'm making are just plain old Red Heart. They actually feel very comfy! You could use wool, but my guys need something they can just throw in the washer/dryer and not have to think about it too much. Because they won't think about it too much...:D

I love them! Is there anything you can do to make the soles less slippy because that is the thing I worry about with slippers especially as I have wooden flooring?

I love them! Is there anything you can do to make the soles less slippy because that is the thing I worry about with slippers especially as I have wooden flooring?

A lot of people say they use puff paint on the soles--they just dot it on the soles. I recently read a post by someone who said she made hearts on the soles of a pair meant for a little girl, which is a neat idea. If I could afford it, I'd buy suede sole pieces and sew them on.

Thanks for the tip froggie. I was in a shop yesterday and they had knitted slippers and on the soles it looked like little dots of melted plastic so I might try the puff paint idea.

Archived