One-skein scarf and a headband

aphelia

Tonight I crocheted a whole scarf..! Inspired by a fellow Crochetviller.. :)

It was really quick, because I used a big hook... But I have been on my *** crocheting a lot of the evening though. ;) And as usual, I couldn't wait to show it to the crochetworld. ;) The pattern is from "The Happy Hooker" book of Debbie Stroller, but you can also find the pattern free here.

DSCF4173.jpg

DSCF4172.jpg

I have also made a headband and I wore it today. I didn't love it, I should have made it more narrow at the back, it kept messing up my hair. ;) But I like the colours, and I will not stop using it. ;)

DSC00541.jpg

I have never made one of these before, but I can see why people are loving them.. They are quick, easy and fun. :D

It must have been a cool first project, I always say that you should make something real the first time you crochet something, even if it sounds too difficult. It's more fun when it turnes out as something nice.. I tried to crochet for the first time, just crocheting a square. I didn't think it was fun at all. But when I tried to crochet a shawl I was hooked. :)

OK- dumb question...

explain to me how to do the edging please:think

I printed the instructions and have been sitting in my chair with scarf in hand and for the life of me can not figure out how to do the edging per the instructions.

Do I ch 3 , shell into the stitch, skip one stitch, sl st the other , then ch 3 and shell again???

My is looking dorky.:yes

Thanks so much

btw- maybe it is not a good thing to do something easy when sick as it makes it complicated LOL

OK- dumb question...

explain to me how to do the edging please:think

I printed the instructions and have been sitting in my chair with scarf in hand and for the life of me can not figure out how to do the edging per the instructions.

Do I ch 3 , shell into the stitch, skip one stitch, sl st the other , then ch 3 and shell again???

My is looking dorky.:yes

Thanks so much

btw- maybe it is not a good thing to do something easy when sick as it makes it complicated LOL

No, you do not chain 3... :) At the end of row 3 you just turn. Without chaining anything you skip two stiches, then make 5 dc in that stich. That would be a shell. You skip one stich and then slip stich in next. Skip one stich, make shell (5 dc), skip one stich, slip stich, skip one stich, make shell, skip one stich, slip stich. You get the idea? :) Hope you'll get it right. :) And I hope you'll feel better soon! :)

No, you do not chain 3... :) At the end of row 3 you just turn. Without chaining anything you skip two stiches, then make 5 dc in that stich. That would be a shell. You skip one stich and then slip stich in next. Skip one stich, make shell (5 dc), skip one stich, slip stich, skip one stich, make shell, skip one stich, slip stich. You get the idea? :) Hope you'll get it right. :) And I hope you'll feel better soon! :)

Got it. And just in time- the scarf is for a present tomorrow LOL

I feel a little better-thanks for your kind words:)

I love both the scarf and the headband!

What yarn did you end up using...it shows the pretty stitches really well!:clap

I think that everyone should make one of those scarves...it's so nice to be able to finish such a cute project in such a short time.

Plus it's a nice break away from heavier crochet projects!

Archived