Great Tree Skirt Idea Hubby Had

I have not made a tree skirt for this year but will be making one next and mentioned to Hubby that I didn't want Zinger the attack kitty messing with it like she does the one I have now.

Hubby suggested sewing either a button and loop to the underside or using those snaps that people are using on shawls that look like buttons. I like the idea so the skirt will stay in place!!!! :clap:crocheting

One year, we had a treestand that just kept making the tree fall down. We had very thick carpeting, so the tree had a hard time.

My dad actually took a piece of plywood and screwed the stand onto it. This gave the tree a wider base and it never fell again. We just covered up the stand with the skirt and no one could see the plywood base.

You may take this idea also. Put your treestand onto a piece of wood, and then put in something to attach the skirt to it so that Kitty can't take it off.

Just a suggestion. Hope everything works out. It's the first year without my dad and I really miss his problem solving.

:manyheart

with 4 cats that love to lay under the tree - keeping the tree skirt in place became a chore. so my grandmother sewed velcro on and that helped keep the skirt closed and around the tree but not in place. this year i used double face tape on the skirt and rug to help keep it in place. it really helps!!

Archived