Scarf Firdays CAL

Jempast

I'm grew up out by Runnells and we live near Pleasant Hill now.

Hi Diane, well you grew up pretty close to Knoxville. It's nice to meet you. Hubby and I are coming home for a week the end of march to see our kids. i miss them so much. It's good to chat with someone close to home :-) Takecare, Have a wonderful day. Hope to chat with you agin soon.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As close as we were I didn't get to Knoxville till I was about 18 for the races!! I am 48 and have never been back there for the races, but, our youngest DS has played soccer there a couple of times over the years!!

Have a safe trip with you come back home to visit your kids.

talk soon.

Hi Diane, well you grew up pretty close to Knoxville. It's nice to meet you. Hubby and I are coming home for a week the end of march to see our kids. i miss them so much. It's good to chat with someone close to home :-) Takecare, Have a wonderful day. Hope to chat with you agin soon.

• 2 weeks later...

:hi and Happy FRIDAY!

I am working on a red wool scarf today. It is for a gal I work with, and it is to match a pair of designer mittens she bought.

what is special about this scarf, is that it incorporates a new-to-me stitch! :yay:clap I have learned how to do a crochet purl stitch in half double crochet to compensate for the scarf not being made in the round as the mittens are. I am very excited about it, and hope she likes the scarf when it is done. I will post pics of the mittens and scarf when I complete the job...

Oh! and lastly, I was not able to sign up for any classes this month:( I wanted to, but had an increase in a couple of bills, so that I guess comes first.

I hope that you have fun with whatever you are doing, and hope to "see" you soon!

:ghug

can't wait to see the scarf!!!

I will, hopefully, get a couple of scarves I have been working on done this evening. I have hardly held a hook this week.

:hi and Happy FRIDAY!

I am working on a red wool scarf today. It is for a gal I work with, and it is to match a pair of designer mittens she bought.

what is special about this scarf, is that it incorporates a new-to-me stitch! :yay:clap I have learned how to do a crochet purl stitch in half double crochet to compensate for the scarf not being made in the round as the mittens are. I am very excited about it, and hope she likes the scarf when it is done. I will post pics of the mittens and scarf when I complete the job...

Oh! and lastly, I was not able to sign up for any classes this month:( I wanted to, but had an increase in a couple of bills, so that I guess comes first.

I hope that you have fun with whatever you are doing, and hope to "see" you soon!

:ghug

sooo... about the class thing...

DH saw me all mopey this morning, and asked what was wrong. I told him that I really wanted to take a class (well 3 really), and that I didn't think I could.

He surprised me by saying "go for it! You SHOULD do it...it IS your passion!"

So needless to say :faint... I am VERY HAPPY! :D

I signed up for the designing class... it will be a lot of work, but I am very excited about it! :cheer:yay:cheer:yay

Hi LeaAnne.

All is good. Folks are ok. Dad was diagonosed with Parkinson's the other day. We knew it was coming but just don't want to really give it a hold in our lives, cause it is in all of our lives not just dad's.

Thanks for askin.

How are you doing this day. It was beautiful here in Iowa the last 2 days.

I did get to work on a scarf for a bit today. I have 3 that I wanted done almost a month ago and am almost done with the 3rd one now!!!!!LOL

That is soo cool!!! Have fn with the designing class. I need to check on mine. It may be close to starting!!LOL

sooo... about the class thing...

DH saw me all mopey this morning, and asked what was wrong. I told him that I really wanted to take a class (well 3 really), and that I didn't think I could.

He surprised me by saying "go for it! You SHOULD do it...it IS your passion!"

So needless to say :faint... I am VERY HAPPY! :D

I signed up for the designing class... it will be a lot of work, but I am very excited about it! :cheer:yay:cheer:yay

Archived