Scarf Firdays CAL

Jempast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, so sorry, no scarves this Friday. Between phone calls, company, wrapping stuff for weekend visitors and trying to sneak in a nap, crochet hook hardly got touched.

But there are plenty fridays coming up...

Just finished my January Scarf, however, I think I will add either a very nice lace to the ends or something to give it more length. I find that it's really short. It's in the Mardi Gras colors which begins on January 6th. I did my scarf using the Grapevine Ombre by I Love This Yarn. The pattern used was found at http://compulsivedesigning.blogspot.com/2007/02/crosshatch-scarf.html

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii355/ejagno/CrosshatchScarf12-27-2008.jpg

I'm currently finishing up a precious Valentine Scarf but once again I'm disappointed that it is turning out to be so short. I'll post the pic as soon as I finish it. Is it me or is all the scarves suppose to be fashionably to the top of the chest? We don't wear alot of scarves here in the coastal south so maybe I just need the expertise of some more experienced scarfers out there.

That scarf is really pretty!!

Just finished my January Scarf, however, I think I will add either a very nice lace to the ends or something to give it more length. I find that it's really short. It's in the Mardi Gras colors which begins on January 6th. I did my scarf using the Grapevine Ombre by I Love This Yarn. The pattern used was found at http://compulsivedesigning.blogspot.com/2007/02/crosshatch-scarf.html

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii355/ejagno/CrosshatchScarf12-27-2008.jpg

I'm currently finishing up a precious Valentine Scarf but once again I'm disappointed that it is turning out to be so short. I'll post the pic as soon as I finish it. Is it me or is all the scarves suppose to be fashionably to the top of the chest? We don't wear alot of scarves here in the coastal south so maybe I just need the expertise of some more experienced scarfers out there.

Is it me or is all the scarves suppose to be fashionably to the top of the chest? We don't wear alot of scarves here in the coastal south so maybe I just need the expertise of some more experienced scarfers out there.

I have had the same issue too, so I go with an old fashioned standard and make my scarves 60" long for adults, 48 to 50 for children and 36 for toddlers.

The shorter versions that are out now I call scarfettes or neck warmers, and think they are for wearing like a cravat (sp??) under coats and jackets. That is JMHO...

This particular pattern is made from the long side of the scarf so to make it the length you want you would need to increase your starting chain based on the gauge of the yarn being used.

I am not a professional scarfer, just an older crocheter...:lol

I don't know! I do know that I like mine long enough that I can wrap it around my face a couple of times. I don't tuck mine into my coat, but wear them on the outside. Sooo. I really like a long scarf.

I do like patterns that will allow me to make them as long as I would like to.

After sleeping on it last night I got up first thing this morning and unraveled the Valentine scarf to the midway point. It has hearts that look fileted into the loose pattern going one way then going the opposite way down the other side to keep them all upright when worn. I will simply add about 12" of the scarf design (which is worn behind the neck) before adding my hearts for the opposite side. I was just two rows from completing the scarf, however, if it's not comfortable then why complete the project if it will not be worn.

:blush

I've learned a valuable lesson of fitting first then complete the project. It's also given me the opportunity to use my creativity to experiment and find ways to alter or improvise a pattern to my taste.

To bad you had to frog so much of it, but, as you said, you did learn something. I want to thank you because it has helped me out as well. I have a graph for a breast cancer awarness scarf. The graph is just for the ribbon. I now know to work the scarf in white till I get it to where I want it and then the other side for the ribbon.

I am looking forward to a pic of you Valentine scarf.

After sleeping on it last night I got up first thing this morning and unraveled the Valentine scarf to the midway point. It has hearts that look fileted into the loose pattern going one way then going the opposite way down the other side to keep them all upright when worn. I will simply add about 12" of the scarf design (which is worn behind the neck) before adding my hearts for the opposite side. I was just two rows from completing the scarf, however, if it's not comfortable then why complete the project if it will not be worn.

:blush

I've learned a valuable lesson of fitting first then complete the project. It's also given me the opportunity to use my creativity to experiment and find ways to alter or improvise a pattern to my taste.

that would be a very nice idea

i`ll be at moms place every friday so it would be a very nice to crochet scarves and chat next to cups of tea and coffee :clap

i`ll make one for DH today

This is the scarf that got finished yesterday. It is purple but the pic looks blue.

I will be making 3 more of these. One will be a dark pink and the other 2 will be 2 different colors of blue.

100_0817.jpg

Sorry it took so long to post this one, It is my own pattern and I took notes to type up so I can post it in original patterns.

It is a Keyhole Scarf, in all white with a bubble trim and a sparkled Snow Flower to cover where the scarf crosses and enters the hole. The stitch is differently applied.

More details will be available once I get the pattern typed up. Image is clickable.

th_Frostline.jpg

I think Your pencil scarf is so neat!!

That is a very good attitude, and the way we have all learned at one time or another.

I frogged the scarf I posted today at least 4 times, because I kept loosing my place everytime I stopped to do something else. :think

In a way it is a good thing, because we don't easily forget these kind of lessons. Eager to see your finished scarf.

:cheer

Friday again?!!:eek . Don't see myself finishing the one I am doing now by tonight. It is the free pattern from Lion Brand called Fisherman's Wool Irish Lace Scarf. The scarf body will be done, but not all the rose embellishments.

BTW, for anyone interested there is a CAL going on for this scarf.

Hi there Carol:

This looks beautiful.. I love it can you tell me where you got the pattern from...

hugs

Lillibet

Sorry it took so long to post this one, It is my own pattern and I took notes to type up so I can post it in original patterns.

It is a Keyhole Scarf, in all white with a bubble trim and a sparkled Snow Flower to cover where the scarf crosses and enters the hole. The stitch is differently applied.

More details will be available once I get the pattern typed up. Image is clickable.

th_Frostline.jpg

HI there dilyca2006:

I have fallen in love with your pencil scarf... Can you tell me where you got the pattern from or is it your design and how to's?

I'd love to make some of them ...

hugs

Lillibet

Hi ladies:

I know i didnt officially say I would join this CAL but being that i just finished the January scarf i made for darski's cal i figured i post and share it here too,

th_003-3.jpg

I made this scarf in ss light blue yarn and trimed it with the curly Q's in white to look like icicles...

I used the hdc crochet curly Q's scarf pattern from one of or very own members here...

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you!!

I just finished another one today. Made it in blue!!!

let me get the link for the site it is on.

Ok. You can find it here but I didn't find it on my own. There is a thread about it here in the 'Ville someplace and that is where I orgionally found it. Don't remember who posted about it, but, if you search I think you can find it.

HI there dilyca2006:

I have fallen in love with your pencil scarf... Can you tell me where you got the pattern from or is it your design and how to's?

I'd love to make some of them ...

hugs

Lillibet

Didn't mean to miss this!!! I needed to let you know that I really like your scarf as well!

Diane

th_Frostline.jpg

That is really pretty!!

Hi ladies:

I know i didnt officially say I would join this CAL but being that i just finished the January scarf i made for darski's cal i figured i post and share it here too,

th_003-3.jpg

I made this scarf in ss light blue yarn and trimed it with the curly Q's in white to look like icicles...

I used the hdc crochet curly Q's scarf pattern from one of or very own members here...

hugs

Lillibet

Archived