Three Hats...MUST SEE!!! --- Updated post #10

Braxxi

I made three hats recently...the first I made for myself using CrochetSal's pattern. I did 3 rounds of each color in between the decrease rounds and it ended up 52 INCHES LONG!

WinterHat.jpg

The second one I made was for my neighbor's daughter. She picked her school colors and the pattern (which is from Maggie's Crochet).

EarflapHat.jpg

I happened to remember that my mother had a couple "heads" in her closet and she willingly gave them to me! :clap

Saving the best for last! I just finished this one a couple days ago. My daughter loved the long hat I made for myself and asked me to make a "jester's" cap for her with really long points. I used the same pattern by CrochetSal and made a couple pretty simple adjustments and got this:

LongJesterHat.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my little show-n-tell!

To make the Jester's Hat version from CrochetSal's pattern here is what I did:

1 - Make the band per the pattern

2 - When you start to make the "peaks", sc around only half the band (in the beginning chain as the pattern states) and chain the other half

3 - do a row of sc in the sc and ch you just made

4 - do 2 rows of Sal's "pattern stitch" followed by 1 decrease row until you reach the end of the peak

For the second peak, sc around the other half of the band and in the other side of the chain from the other peak. Do one row of sc around then follow step 4 above.

A big thanks to CrochetSal for allowing me to post the adjustments! :clap

You can find CrochetSal's patterns on etsy and her prices are quite reasonable :D ...unlike some I've seen :( .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

where can I find the pattern for the one that ended up 52 inches long and the jesters hat?

I made three hats recently...the first I made for myself using CrochetSal's pattern. I did 3 rounds of each color in between the decrease rounds and it ended up 52 INCHES LONG!

WinterHat.jpg

The second one I made was for my neighbor's daughter. She picked her school colors and the pattern (which is from Maggie's Crochet).

EarflapHat.jpg

I happened to remember that my mother had a couple "heads" in her closet and she willingly gave them to me! :clap

Saving the best for last! I just finished this one a couple days ago. My daughter loved the long hat I made for myself and asked me to make a "jester's" cap for her with really long points. I used the same pattern by CrochetSal and made a couple pretty simple adjustments and got this:

LongJesterHat.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my little show-n-tell!

The long hat and Jester hat were both made using CrochetSal's pattern (I think it's on accessories 3 page). I made extra rounds of each color in order to make it as long as it ended up. If you look back in this thread to post #10, she let me post the adjustments to make the Jester hat pattern.

Archived