Hats for the family....

homesteadingwife

My husband asked for a hat in brown, so I had a extra skein of Red Heart varigated brown's in my stash. So I made him these hats. Sorry the picture is a bit blurry.

th_varigatedbrowns.jpg

Then my son and I were in the hunting department, I was getting a Christmas gift for hubby. And he ran across, hunting hats, those bright orange one's. I looked at the price right around $5.00. I told him, I could get a skein of yarn and make him 2 for that price. LOL So off to the yarn we went. And I came home with Red Heart Pumpkin. (aren't son's great!! Not only I came home with that, but a couple of extra skeins of yarn for another project I want to make.)

th_pumpkinbrown.jpg

So my daughter didn't want to be left out. She wanted one as well. So I made her one in Red Heart Mexician Ombre. And then when it was completed, what extra yarn was left from it, I took it and made a bow type thingy and placed on top. Which she thinks is the greatest.

[/url]

th_ddhat.jpg

I used a free pattern found here: http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/beanie.shtml I made them a bit longer since my guys wanted to roll them up to have a double layer over the ears. My daughter wanted her's made just like daddy's and big brother's, except her's don't roll up. And her's I added the thingy on top. The picture's all should be clickable.

th_allhats.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Blessings,

Lynn

Thanks ladies!! These were really quick and easy to make. I made one while in the waiting room at the doctor's office. We had to wait a long while and got another one almost done while sitting there.

Have a great day!

Lynn

I love making these sorts of hats!! I actually took pics of the kids in thiers so I could show them on here..

I have a question though if you have time to PM me..

when I get to the very end of any pattern it seems the last rom sticks out a bit more than the rest of the hat.. what could I be doing wrong.. it only annoys me.. no one else seems to notice..

th_hat-1.jpg

Archived