Bobbie77

Scarf with Mittens Attached

11 posts in this topic

I've looked all over for a pattern that's a scarf that has mittens attached to the ends. I've seen the ones with pockets on the end, but I have a special request for one with mittens attached.

The EASIER the better! I've never made mittens or gloves before. Mittens are my first choice of course because then I don't have to do all those fingers.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah....she's getting a scarf with pockets on the end...oh well. I never found the pattern I was looking for...although....I do have a ton of my Granny's Annie's Attic books...maybe there's something in there.

I never saw a pattern like that before. My designer mind is reeling! I'm off to create a "scitten" (scarf-mitten) or a marf (mittened -scarf)!

Thanks for the inspiration!

If all else fails you probably can make them seperatly. Use a slip stitch to attach them at each end of the scarf.

I know I have seen this before but I have looked all over for my pattern and cant find it. I think it may have been an old bookmark for an aol site that is no longer there. Doen't seem that this would be that hard to make. Just make a pair of mittens and attach them to a scarf. Ta da!

Ok, I can't see where to click to get the pattern. One hand looks like a glove and the other looks like a mitten or am I not seeing right and is that knit or crochet? Mary

It's knitted. I think they are showing that you can make it either with gloves or mittens. Jackiebohacky's post indicates it is in a book, not a free pattern.

I seem to remember seeing a pattern that was a long scarf with a mitten attached. You would only make half a mitten for each end and sew it onto the scarf. It was put on at an angle, so you could put your hands in easily, rather like a pocket. Zaraliz

I just saw one at Ravelry that is croched. I looked under crochet scarf. It's gloves instead of mittens but I bet you could change that. Are you a member of Ravelry?

I have to say that that Berroco one looks like it could make "You knit what?" fame.

I have started a scarf that is to have attached fingerless gloves. It seems to me it is a bit like making the (LB) Criss Cross shrug.