comfortghan help please! 8" squares - Picture in Post 29!

cindybmw2004

Hi All:

My older sister is going in the hospital next Monday for her 6th Stint in her heart. She has CHF (chronic heart failure) and is cold all the time now. :( I know it's the holidays,:eek but I'm hoping you'll can spare 30 minutes or so and make a square or two.:D I'm looking for 8" squares in blues. Red Heart preferably. :)

She's really small at only 5' so I'm thinking I'm only going to need 25 squares total. With a border around each and border around the ghan, I'm thinking it will be 44-46" square. Just enough for her to sit on the couch curled up and snuggly! :lol

Thanks so much in advance. If you send a PM or a message, I'll send you my address. :)

:hug

Cindy

Updated today 12/13/08 - Have 21 of the 25 in house already! Expecting a few more in the mail in the next few days so will work on putting the border on them while I await the last few!

Thanks so much! :hug

Updated today 12/24/08 - The ghan is put together and it is blocking. Will post a picture later on today.

Thanks all who helped! :hug

:hiHi Cindy! I'd be happy to whip a few up for you. :yes Are you using red heart "blue"? Are you joining with white or aran? I'm asking because I have a cute heart pattern that has a white background and I want to match yours. Please let me know. Thank you. :hug

Oh, and please pm your address. :yes

I think I have responded to all PM's :D

Thank you so much for the offer of help! :) I'm probably going to border the squares in pure white to make them "pop", with a reverse SC final on the border in one of the blues....depends on which color stands out the most.

Cindy,

Thanks for the address, I've mailed the square as a "large letter" via regular Air Mail, it should be there within the week **crosses fingers**.

Regards,

Marika

Oh that's great! :cheerThank you sooo much! I'm getting ideas flowing in my mind now!

Not a problem. :) I'm working on some of them and have 4 done. :) When the squares come in, I am putting one of those white tags on it with the person's first name and state/country so my sis knows where they came from. I'm also doing a pure white border around them. :) It's going great. I have 6 completed with border. Received 2 already. :cheer

Cindy dear I have n not sent them. I have no idea what happened but I slept from 6:45 am until 1:30 pm. So it will go out tomorrow. I hope your sis is ok.

3104449579_60c44d63ee_m.jpg Received from craziebunny

3105282750_2f1711293a_m.jpgreceived from cherri

3105283680_a9156397f8_m.jpgreceived from grannyannie

3105284494_f5834f92a9_m.jpgreceived from jessicap

3105285300_28e5140d6d_m.jpgreceived from smith

3104453851_428821fd3a_m.jpgreceived from minnisoda

:cheer:c9:hug:manyheart

Thank you sooooo much all! Received 13 squares in the mail today and with the 8 I already have, that's 21 squares! :)

Now to put the white border around them! :)

Cindy,

Just a heads up: Yesterday I braved the arctic cold and ice and mailed the square I made for you last week. It was sent 1st class so should arrive pretty soon.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +24

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

Thank you so much!

I have all 21 squares bordered in white and just waiting on a few squares to get here.

Cindy,

Just a heads up: Yesterday I braved the arctic cold and ice and mailed the square I made for you last week. It was sent 1st class so should arrive pretty soon.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +24

Gold medal for Stashbusting: 11/09/08/Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

TeamVJGC

My sister is doing very well. I saw her today and the "gray" tinge is gone. :clap She said this is the best she has felt in a long time. :) I didn't tell her about the comfortghan as I am keeping it a secret! :)

Thanks for asking. :hug

:hugThat is wonderful news!!

I am so sorry about your sister. I somehow missed this so didn't get to make any squares for you. If I had seen it before I would have loved to participate in this. Prayers for your sister. Please post a pic of her with her new comfortghan!

Lynn

Archived