Does it normally take so long?

mellybelly

I placed an on-line order with JoAnn's last Monday, and it still hasn't even shipped yet. :think I know 'Cyber Monday' is a fairly big day and all, but still....a whole week and it hasn't even gone out the door yet?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or if its a normal thing with JoAnn.com?

I placed an on-line order with JoAnn's last Monday, and it still hasn't even shipped yet. :think I know 'Cyber Monday' is a fairly big day and all, but still....a whole week and it hasn't even gone out the door yet?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or if its a normal thing with JoAnn.com?

I find they tend to be slow...especially if you do the "free shipping" thing.

Psh. I ordered something that Thursday before Black Friday. It said it's been delivered, but I've yet to receive it. I called them and they told me to call the post office. I called the post office and they told me they'd look into it and call me back. That was a week ago...

Yeah, I may give them a call. I think its kind of rediculous that it hasn't even SHIPPED yet. I was hoping to have my order soon....I need some of the yarn to finish a Christmas gift! But, I can buy it somewhere else and return it later, IF I ever get the order. Thanks for the info!

Oh, and hope you get your order soon Rainbow Brite!

All of my JoAnn's orders have taken more than 3 weeks, usually about 4, to receive. I don't think any order has EVER shipped in less than a week. I absolutely can't stand FedEx SmartPost either, their courier. They get it to your town then hand it over to the USPS, where it can sit a week before they touch it.

I absolutely can't stand FedEx SmartPost either, their courier. They get it to your town then hand it over to the USPS, where it can sit a week before they touch it.

Exactly! Once it's out of Fed Ex's hands you can no longer track it but you know exactly how long it takes your post office to get it to your doorstep. My post office manages to do it in a day or two but maybe some don't. It's never taken more than 10 or 11 days for me to receive an order from Joann's - usually it's less than that - but then they've never sat on an order for an entire week with me. It's almost always shipped out in 48 hours or less. Yup, give CS a nudge.

Crafts Etc. is the fastest for me yet. Placed an order on 11/24, shipped on 11/26, delivered on 12/2. And even THAT's too long for a yarnaholic! :lol

Yep, their shipping times are crazy.

I placed my first order with P&C at 4 a.m. (yes I'm an insomniac, never went to bed) and I already received shipping notice w/tracking number. Talk about impressive! I'm thrilled, both about the quick transaction and also being to get yarn (thanks to my dad for Christmas LOL).

That is the problem that I had with them too and have not ordered from JoAnns since. We order yarn cause we want to crochet and need certain colors or type. A week or more is too long to wait. lol

Sometimes I get things quickly, and sometimes I don't!

When it's a big sale and I've chosen the least expensive shipping (free, if I can!) then I know it'll take little longer than usual.

On the flip side, I've gotten a ship notice on the SAME DAY I received the merchandise. So maybe your order has shipped, but the person(s) responsible for logging it are falling behind due to volume.

I sent an email but who knows if they'll ever respond. They haven't charged my credit card yet, so I'm assuming it still hasn't shipped. I'm not exactly the most patient person when it comes to yarn...LOL

Ya know who's the fastest of all? Amazon. I placed an order on Monday and it's here today. :cheer I didn't use 2-day shipping, this was their free shipping. Can't beat that! Now if they just had good prices on yarn. :yarn

I placed an order with Joann's last night. Let's see what happens with that. I used the free shipping so I don't expect my order to be here lickety-split but it would be nice if I got it before Christmas.

My Joann's order was just delivered!!! :cheer:clap:yay:devil Sometimes they're fast, sometimes they're slow. They didn't use FedEx Smart Post, they used regular FedEx. That must be why I got it so quick. I gotta say that's the fastest I've ever received an order from them.

Archived