Organic Jacob Hats

kittyboo

Hi there,

I'm a bit obsessed with making hats at the moment - good job it's nearly christmas so I can give them to people! Anyhow, as I'm trying to be green, I wanted to make some using organic wool from a traditional breed and was able to get hold of some locally produced pure Jacob Sheep wool. This is what I made with it:

3088465145_2345e5bd0f_m.jpg

3088463555_6ffb8df2e5_m.jpg

3088462913_85bd6aa992_m.jpg

The wool was aran weight and I improvised the pattern. If anyone is interested, I've written a bit more about the hats plus a little bit about Jacob Sheep on my blog here. I've just ordered some more wool so I can make more hats for family and friends - some more Jacob and also some Manx Loghtan, a rare breed which I'm keen to try.

Thanks for looking! :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice hats!! How do you change colors with out getting a jagged line where you switched colors when working in the round?

If you know, or anyone knows, PM me with how to do. Thanks so much!

Great job! They are wonderful, and look soooo warm!

Hi there,

I'm a bit obsessed with making hats at the moment - good job it's nearly christmas so I can give them to people! Anyhow, as I'm trying to be green, I wanted to make some using organic wool from a traditional breed and was able to get hold of some locally produced pure Jacob Sheep wool. This is what I made with it:

3088465145_2345e5bd0f_m.jpg

3088463555_6ffb8df2e5_m.jpg

3088462913_85bd6aa992_m.jpg

The wool was aran weight and I improvised the pattern. If anyone is interested, I've written a bit more about the hats plus a little bit about Jacob Sheep on my blog here. I've just ordered some more wool so I can make more hats for family and friends - some more Jacob and also some Manx Loghtan, a rare breed which I'm keen to try.

Thanks for looking! :hook

Archived