Scrap Hat!

kittyboo

Hi there,

I've been trying to be a bit more environmentally aware with my crafting recently and one of the ways I've been doing this is to make myself use up every last little bit of yarn. This hat is one of the ways I've done this....

3088461975_585c88480e_m.jpg

3089301202_966f683962_m.jpg

I made it using an assortment of yarns leftover from previous projects - as these were of varying weights, I worked some of the rows holding 2 or 3 strands together. In case anyone is curious as to which yarns they are….

From top to bottom:

Cascade Pastaza in Mauve Heather 075 (this is a really beautiful blend of llama and wool).

Cascade 220 in Cerise held together with Crystal Palace Kid Merino in Berry (a laceweight yarn).

Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere in Purple held with Crystal Palace Kid Merino again plus 1 strand of Sirdar Snuggly DK in Ballerina

Cascade 220 again.

Cascade Pastaza again.

I didn’t really follow a pattern - just made it up as I went along and kept trying it on my head to check it fitted. I’m pleased with the end result though - a really quick and easy way to use up scraps - plus it’s the first thing I’ve made for myself in a long, long time! :hook

Thanks everyone.

Crochet4ever - I used a 6.00mm hook and no, no chains between the dcs. I started the hat with a magic loop (is that what it's called?) and made my first dcs into that then tightened it and slip stitched into the first stitch. Hope that makes sense!

Archived