2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Well, since it looks like this week's scores haven't posted yet, I finished one of my Yule gifts, but didn't use up that blasted cake of Pound of Love, so 0 WTD/ -186 YTD. Now to start on my mom's slipper socks.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the shoot the moon prize this week!!!LOL:lol:lol:lol I will get the totals posted later this evening. Not enough time to get it done right now.

Well, since it looks like this week's scores haven't posted yet, I finished one of my Yule gifts, but didn't use up that blasted cake of Pound of Love, so 0 WTD/ -186 YTD. Now to start on my mom's slipper socks.

I so enjoyed taking my turn doing scores this year. I am hopeing that I don't have to do it often next year!!!!!!!!!

Hope I got everyone if not please let me know!!

+17 CLLinda Gold

+12 MrsCrochetPants Silver

+12 lhasaapsolady Silver

+11 pineknott Bronze

+8 dilyca2006

+8 appy_lover

+6 Needle_Arts

+6 Braxxi

+4 fc1123

+4 aphelia

+2 dragonpuck

+2 Patterncollector

+1 hseger

+1 DesertCrocheter

0 Ellie_13

0 Jain

0 Crafty_Witch

0 Mandii

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

-6 Walker_1021

-18 PBLKNP Shoot the moon!!!

Good heavens! I thought Shoot the Moon was if you had a high positive score! I'm going to have to try to do better this week. I have an ugly feeling that Christmas is going to completely wreck my score, too, as I had several afghan kits from Herrschners on my wish list...the shame...

LOL!!! Nope. Shoot the Moon is whomever gains more yarn then uses for the week!!!!LOL I have done this several times this year and more then likely will next year as well.

Good heavens! I thought Shoot the Moon was if you had a high positive score! I'm going to have to try to do better this week. I have an ugly feeling that Christmas is going to completely wreck my score, too, as I had several afghan kits from Herrschners on my wish list...the shame...

I am in the hole and it's only Monday! Yikes.

I hit the sales at Michael's and 5 skiens came home with me.

That RH Soft is on sale 2 for $5, which is a pretty good price. And it's good for colorwork in knitting.

But you don't use up very much knitting hats. It takes two hats to use a skien. And lots of work. Crochet is a lot faster using up yarn.

So I am at a -10. Yikes!

:manyheart

I was in wal-mart today and walked through their ever dwindling yarn section. Picked up a skein of yarn and put it back. Smiled to myself cause I have promised myself not to buy any more yarn this year!!!!!!

I did get to use up another skein of yarn an a baby blanket I have been working on off and on for a while!!!

It looks like I'm going to be shedding some yarn this week. A woman from my SnB group is looking for leftover balls of sock yarn for a project. It will (almost) make up for my shocking lapses of late...

I used up a ball of yarn decorating packages yesterday. I used yarn instead of ribbon and they looked great.

So I'm at a -9 so far, unless my herrschners order comes in soon.

:manyheart

O gee I use up yarn so slowly I almost for get to post in here and adjust my score. :lol I have not used up enough to count but I did pick up two skeins yesterday. So that is four more points in the negative for me. I'm sure to end the year in negative. :yes

LOL!!!! I wanted to end up my YTD in the positive!!!LOL:D I don't think it will happen. Don't think I have enough time to use up quite that much yarn. I am hopeing that next year will be better in the using up the yarn catagory!!!!!!LOL

O gee I use up yarn so slowly I almost for get to post in here and adjust my score. :lol I have not used up enough to count but I did pick up two skeins yesterday. So that is four more points in the negative for me. I'm sure to end the year in negative. :yes

I used another skein last night!! If I can just use 10 more skeins before the year is out I will end the year in the positives!LOL Of course. I got some nob hill yarn a few weeks ago and I am way short on the amount I need for what I want to make. That means, I would need another 9 skeins. I might just make the item shorter then the pattern is written. I don't know. Don't want to spend the money on any more yarn right now.

Archived