basjordan

2009 Stashbusting CAL

Well I had a positive score all week until today. My grandmother gave me four skeins she picked up at the thrift store. -8

WTD: -6

YTD: -41

We have a few nice days in a row so have been doing some staining on the outside of the house and the deck (second story deck). With holding a sustained position on a ladder and a container of stain in one hand/paint brush in the other.....I ache all over. Tooooooo tired to crochet when I come in. Must keep going and maximize these nice days.

My shawl swap if within three rows of being finished. Had hoped to get it done and in the mail today but it just didn't happen.

WTD: 2 YTD: 170

(I have a yarn order coming in but not going to claim it any sooner than I have to.)

Crocheted like mad all week and still no skeins finished. :angry I made a baby round ripple with a couple pounders but they're still both about half-full, and I had to start over on the hat I'm making my husband so a whole day's worth of crocheting got frogged. Oh well! Maybe next week I'll have something to report.

WTD 0/YTD -25

I forgot to post last week when I ended up frogging an old project that got ruined in the laundry. I went ahead and remade so I've effectively broken even.

EDIT: I forgot that I'd found one of those bitty 48 yard skins that had gone missing and wound it into a ball, so it's

WTD +1/YTD -182

Edited by Crafty Witch

Last nite I finished up the 2 Strand Purple RR. That used up a good bit of yarn. I wound two of the leftover buff skeins into ball so I'm at WTD +19, YTD +44.

+19 LeslieG GOLD MEDAL!!!

+14 Miss Scarlet SILVER MEDAL!!!

TIE FOR BRONZE!

+12 dilyca2006 BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+12 drgaonpuck BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+7 DesertCrocheter

+6 Ellie13

+6 Legalwoman17

+5 fc1123

+4 walker1021

+3 aphelia

+3 Marzee

+3 PBLKNP

+2 BigPinkPolkaDot

+2 gbabesmom

+2 Needle Arts

+1 CraftyWitch

+1 mar3185

0 Ariel Manx

0 christinaparrish

0 Jempast

0 pineknott

0 mandii

-6 Jain

-9 appylover

-12 jessicagil

-32 patterncollector

-62 CLLinda SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Edited by basjordan

Hi,

I've been your score keeper for at least a year and a half. I am finding it more difficult to do this. I would like to pass along the honor. If someone will not volunteer to take over, could we assign the duty to the "Shoot the Moon" winner each week? Let me know how you feel.

Thanks,

Beth

Hmm, I like the idea of the shoot the moon winner, and I have received this honor on numerous times as you can see from my signature. I would volunteer, but my life is sometimes hectic and I am not always available on Sundays.

Oh congratulations to the winners

I like the idea of passing the honor to the Shoot the Moon winner each week. I think we all have the potential to win that honor every once in a while. The old will just breaks down when surrounded by all that wonderful yarn, especially on sale yarn! So, not just one person has to shoulder the responsibility.

Beth, you've done a fantastic job of keeping this up and keeping track for everyone. You deserve a break.

Hugs to all the winners. Congratulations!

Beth - You have done a great job keeping up with all the scores. Thanks so very much for doing this. I think the Shoot the Moon winner of the week idea of yours is great.

There were hardly any negative scores this week. YEAH to all!! :cheer

Sorry all I forgot to post my score. The middle boy has the swine flu & I have been caught up lysoling everything. Yesterday took a bit longer then normal as he decided he needed to be everywhere in the house. But he hasnt had a fever since Friday so he's hopefully getting better. :yay

WTD: -12 YTD: +16

Jessica,

I hope your son feels better soon. What a lot of extra work for you, not to mention worry. I added your score to the list. Here's a big :hug for you and your family, with wishes that your son gets well, and everyone else stays well!!!

Jessica,

I hope your son feels better soon. What a lot of extra work for you, not to mention worry. I added your score to the list. Here's a big :hug for you and your family, with wishes that your son gets well, and everyone else stays well!!!

He hasnt had a fever since Friday so I am really hoping he continues not to have one so he can go back to school. I might need to keep him home till Wed though I dunno. I will have to ask the dr tomorrow. :hug

I like the idea of passing the job to the Shoot the Moon winner. I am also online most of the time and could take over for any Shoot the Moon winners who don't think they'd be able to get to it that week, if they let me know in time. I can be the fall back so we know we won't miss a week.

I can't believe I won the Gold medal. :cheer I'll tell you what, 2-stranded afghans really bust stash. :lol Thanks for all the hard work and time you've spent on this Beth. You deserve a break. I hope you aren't going to disappear on us though. You have to stick around. :hug

I also think we are all doing really well. I know I've been trying to be really good about yarn. Even the DH has applauded my efforts. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon soon though.

I think the Shoot the Moon idea is great too. I'm sure I'm going to be in line for that as soon a I get to my friend's house to check out the leftover yarn.

Edited by LeslieG

Tonight I finished off 2 skeins of yarn on a baby set & enough to make a ball out of another. :yay However its not in a ball so I wont count it yet.

I finished a skein today on my floral cami. +2 And I've started a scarf so that should be an easy skein down pretty soon.

I just finished off a skein of yarn working on the Monet Pineapple afghan. So here's a +2 for me.

I busted a skein on a blanket today +2 for me.

Finished off a skein today +2 :yay

I forgot to post my score last week. I only had +5 I'll be glad if I can keep that up this week too.