2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

My tote bag (Mystery CAL) is about 1/2 done :cheer. I rolled down the Turqua last night (+1). So I have a small ball of Ecru and a medium ball of Turqua. I'm going to stop making stripes when the Ecru runs out, at least 4 more rounds. The bottom is 18", so I'm going to make it 10" or 12" tall and use it for a beach bag.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 64

Ellie 13

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been working on ponchos and iam half way done on a kids sweater. I have used up 7 skeins so far this week.

WTD +14 YTD -5

Iam getting closer to the 0 for year to date.:cheer Get those dancing shoes ready.:)

well I bought 8 skeins of yarn today so that's -16 but I rolled a skein of yarn into a ball so +1 for me on that one

I have been working on ponchos and iam half way done on a kids sweater. I have used up 7 skeins so far this week.

WTD +14 YTD -5

Iam getting closer to the 0 for year to date.:cheer Get those dancing shoes ready.:)

All right Miss Scarlet! We'll be dancin for you in no time!!!:dance:dance:elle:ducky

Finished another skein on the little shirt and started a matching purse. +2

That puts me at a YTD of... drumroll please... +1!!

I'm out of the negatives! Yay! :elle:tup

How did I miss this???

Do you have your dancin' shoes on?

:dance:dance:dance:bounce:2rock:elle:elle

Congratulations on your positive YTD!!!:yay:manyheart:hug:clap:cheer

Now we should be warmed up for Miss Scarlet!

Anybody else close to the YTD+ dance???

I have to admit, i havnt been doing much. I did get rid of a whole bag of yarn but i forgot to count how many there were XD my friend still has them so i should have a nice count tomorrow, meantime thought i'd let you gals know i'm still alive just busy with school, last day a week from today! WOO HOO

I have used up some of my new batch of yarn, 4 skeins of cotton to make a Cassorole cover for DD, and then used the scraps for a dishcloth, and finished off with saltines. By the way, the Granny daughters that I made last week, I went back and made saltines out of them. I think a Saltine is two rounds of a granny square isn't it. Whatever, I'm having fun!!:yay:manyheart Thats a +8 for me

:snail :snail :snail

I am just pluggin along... hoping to have a little to post this week :xfin

I will be here to :dance, though, for those positive ytd's!

HOpe everyone's having a fun day:yay

I have finally got through some yarn this week!!! Got 4 balls finished up today and I am almost through a skein. That may be tomorrow though so I have updated my siggie for where I am as of today!!!!!!

I rolled a skein into a ball last night. Making baby bonnets again for Blessing Barn.

So my score for the week so far is at Zero. Horray!

I am going to my group today, so I will see how much I can use up today.

:manyheart

Hi! Newbie to the village and I have a simple? question. I have a WIP that I was using my stash, but in order to finish it I had to purchase another skein. I used three skeins from my stash and bought one (along with another totally unnecessary skein -- but that's another story!) So my score would be??? +6 and -4? or does the skein i bought to finish the stash WIP not count?

I guess it's not a simple question.

Pam

So. Your score for what you just purchased and used would be...+6 for what you used, but, you bought some. Yes the one that you bought to finish off you wip does count. So. it sounds like you bought 2 skeins of yarn so that would be -4. So in the end it looks like your score would be a +2

Hi! Newbie to the village and I have a simple? question. I have a WIP that I was using my stash, but in order to finish it I had to purchase another skein. I used three skeins from my stash and bought one (along with another totally unnecessary skein -- but that's another story!) So my score would be??? +6 and -4? or does the skein i bought to finish the stash WIP not count?

I guess it's not a simple question.

Pam

I am crocheting away, but since it's baby booties, it takes time to knock out full skeins....but I did manage to finish off 2. I have tiny amounts left on a couple more, so hopefully I can count them before tomorrow too.

Rolled a skein into a ball last night. +1

I'm close to finishing a skein on a handbag so hopefully I can get that done today.

I do have to make a trip to the Walmart today, good thing they don't have much of a selection anymore but it is possible that I will come home with a few skeins. haha

I work at Michaels and this weekend they have this special 40% off your whole purchase for employees. So I ended up buying 21 skeins of yarn. :blush 10 of them will be used on an afghan for my grandma's birthday or Christmas present, so I really didn't need it yet, but figured if I could get it cheaper why not. 4 skeins are to finish up WIP and 3 skeins are for another WIP/WIM. So 17 of the skeins have a purpose and hopefully will be used up. I did get 4 skeins of clearance yarn that was soft and pretty colors that I may use to make a couple of scarves or something.

I had spent some time looking up patterns for tank tops last night, and even picked out some yarn today. But instead of buying another 8 skeins of yarn, I decided to wait. I need to and want to lose weight. So I hate to spend that money on making something that hopefully won't always fit me. I'll save clothes making until I am happier with my body. So I guess my total could be worse today.

I bought some thread the other night to try out my first doily. I've already finished one of the 3 skeins/balls of it. I'm guessing thread counts in this game too? :think

Right now my total stands at -42 +2 added to the -6 I already have for the week, so my WTD is -46

Good thing I have two weeks to work this off my YTD before we posted those...

This girl better get to hooking! :hook

Finished another Cassorole Cover today. They are fast, and use up the yarn, so that is another +6 for me. I already changed my siggie.

Archived