2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Yeah I busted another skein last night. Hubby starts Chemo next week maybe... Seems he got a really bad sinus infection that the ear nose throat doc found. So to add to his medication route he now has steriods and antibotics..... this for someone who wouldn't take a asprin a year ago. Anyways, we decided last night to drive down to AC (Atlantic City) to have one last fling before all his energy goes to chemo. Poor guy, we got up at 7 am, showered, eat breakfast, then gambled a bit and now he is taking a nap as he is exhausted. It's 10:00 am btb. He's an old man at 48. So here I sit crocheting and watching over him. well another +2 for me this week, I have added it to my WTD at the bottom.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was gifted a skein, - 2,used up a full skein + 2 = 0

heard from the lady at spca,she is getting a box of yarn,ya know as you are packing it up it doesn't appear that heavy,well 19 lbs worth + 152

was gifted a skein, - 2,used up a full skein + 2 = 0

heard from the lady at spca,she is getting a box of yarn,ya know as you are packing it up it doesn't appear that heavy,well 19 lbs worth + 152

Totally WoW!!!!

Congratulations

I've had a really good week! First grandma asked for a bunch of yarn to make lapghans for the local nursing home. I got a few balls of yarn from some of the other ones she's done but I turned around and made these with them:

BritesRR.jpg

100_1120.jpg

The brites one is 24 inches and the other is 36 inches. I'm giving the second one back to grandma for a lapghan. :D

So anyway, my score is...

WTD +62

YTD +117

I have to take my dad for surgery tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll get to post tomorrow night or not. :( Hopefully I will, since I'll be working on my other blanket while I wait for him for 5 hours! :eek

I've had a really good week! First grandma asked for a bunch of yarn to make lapghans for the local nursing home. I got a few balls of yarn from some of the other ones she's done but I turned around and made these with them:

BritesRR.jpg

100_1120.jpg

The brites one is 24 inches and the other is 36 inches. I'm giving the second one back to grandma for a lapghan. :D

So anyway, my score is...

WTD +62

YTD +117

I have to take my dad for surgery tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll get to post tomorrow night or not. :( Hopefully I will, since I'll be working on my other blanket while I wait for him for 5 hours! :eek

Oh my goodness those are so adorable I'll have to try and make those next though where would you find a pattern for that

used two more balls this morning, so another +2 .

On the charity thread, crochet crone asked for granny daughters, I will check with her to see if she if still taking them.

Braxxi --

WOW!!! Gorgeous!!! Breathtaking!!!! I love round ripples, and I've made several, but I think I want you to pick my colors for my next one!!! They are both SO beautiful.

Rolled a skein into a ball. Making a knitted baby set, so it takes me a lot longer.

:manyheart

Wow Jain, Your YTD is almost positive! Can we do the YTD+ dance for you soon???

I hope so! I have a couple of little projects I have to finish up and then I can get back to my Outta Sight which will take up some yarn. And after that I have another jacket planned. I should be at 0 soon though! If I can just make some time to crochet, been too busy. Get ready to dance though! lol

Braxxi those are gorgeous! I have been wanting to make a RR for so long. I just may buy some more yarn and do that! But not until I'm back in the positives...

Thanks everyone! I gave grandma the purple/blue one this afternoon and she loved it...hurray!

WOW!!!!

I miss a couple of days, and look what I have missed!

Braxxi's AWESOME RR's :clap

Some more ytd + :dance :dance :elle

and some MASSIVE wtd scores:cheer....

You all are ROCKIN' :2rock

All the while I have been gone, though, I have been praying for you and for your husband, Tracey :hug

I've been busy as a :bee, doing thread MAM bookmarks (26 of them)... now they are done, and I am thinking my hands want the BIGGEST hook they can find :rofl

WOW!!!!

I've been busy as a :bee, doing thread MAM bookmarks (26 of them)... now they are done, and I am thinking my hands want the BIGGEST hook they can find :rofl

Congratulations on finishing all those bookmarks! That's quite an accomplishment!!!:yay

Congratulations on finishing all those bookmarks! That's quite an accomplishment!!!:yay

Thanks, Beth! :hug You are so sweet!

I think my eyes are finally beginning to uncross :rofl

do we have a list of who we're gonna :dance for?:D

I thought that by joining this CAL I would buy less yarn. So far I've failed miserably! :think

Anyhoo

WTD -32

YTD -105 :eek

Well, I finished a Project Linus knitted blanket this week, and because there was just a little left of each of the three colors left, I rolled them into balls and added them to my stash (it was a yarn kit I'd checked out). So, for the second week in a row, I'm in the red.

wtd ending 5/9/09: -3

I'm attending a baby shower tomorrow morning, so I'm posting early. Happy spring weekend, everyone! Patty

Well I'll post my score for the week since I won't be using up much yarn for the wrap I'm making so here goes

WTD2/YTD-167

It looks like I probably won't get much time to crochet today, so I am posting early.

WTD=-2 YTD=-1

I need to really push myself so I can get that YTD score in the positives and stay that way!

:manyheart

Archived