2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you know I am starting the week with a +, I added to a purse that I made several weeks ago that was not deep enough. There was just a scrap of yarn left, so I made a granny square, walla, it is gone. So thats a +2 for me.

:woo:woo

I finished the little boy layette, And I wanted to post a picture.

IMG_0335.jpg?t=1241435380

I have made this before but with white body and blue trim. I know the future Papa really well and his love of this blue for his boy. Hehe, the layette even matches his car.

Ladykats -- it's GORGEOUS!!! The entire ensemble is gorgeous, but that blanket really caught my eye. I would love to have something like that in my size!!! The parents will love your work.

Ladykats, that layette is beautiful. :cheer

Finished a skein of yarn last week, but forgot to post it then. So I'm posting it for this week. :)

Ladykats -- it's GORGEOUS!!! The entire ensemble is gorgeous, but that blanket really caught my eye. I would love to have something like that in my size!!!

The blanket is done in hairpin lace and it is so easy to do as long as you don't twist the loops. The ghan I did you can use whatever yarn you like, just make it as long as you want it and the loops are in groups of 6.

Thank you ladies for such nice words, I really enjoyed making this layette and have already started another one in white to begin with. I am hoping the second Baby I have to make for is a girl. I could make a ton of stuff for a little girl. Anyway, I have started on the ghan and it will work with the boys outfit or the girls gown

I rolled down a skein (+1) and I'm almost done with the Mystery CAL :cheer. It's a tote bag. When I'm done, I'm going to finish :crocheting my flower, smillie and peace sign afghan together. That will use a lot of :yarn.

WTD: - 3 YTD: + 61

Ellie 13

well I didn't buy any yarn today or yesterday but I didn't use up any yarn either so far this week I'm at 0

OKay, So I sent 5 skeins to Melissa in the scrap swap, I know we are suppose to send scrap balls, but no time to look for the right colors and yarn to send... It was just easier this way. Plus I get the score +10 then I finished a skein of white and started the second on the next layette, then my cousin saids why not do it in ecru. So the white one has been put aside for now and I started one in ecru. I am so happy I had all this white, black, ecru in my stash or I would be bad at this point. Anywho, I almost got a skein of the ecru finished last night. And DH has got not one but Doc app today.

Ladykats, the layette is beautiful, but the blanket is beyond that. it looks so lacy and feminine, wouldn't that make a great shawl.

I got 2 skeins from a fellow Viller for a quilt I'm trying to finish up and can't get the color anymore. She found some and sent it so -4 making WTD-8 still not bad and I still have some balls that I can hopefully finish by the end of the week.

Finished an afghan tonight and rolled the rest of the skein into a ball so +1 for me. :) I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the ball of yarn, have two projects in mind, so hopefully I'll finish the ball off this week too. We shall see.

Okay so I finished another skein yesterday, DH has appointment with nose throat and ear Doc today. Seems one of the Chemo drugs can cause hearing loss so we have to get a base line and see if he already has hearing loss. Then we have to set up MRI and CT scan to know were we are after surgery and before Chemo. This is exhausting, but I am getting a lot of crocheting done. Chemo should start next week. Joy!

So I am at +14 WTD

Archived