2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Went to Michaels today with my mom. She spoiled me. Now adding another eight balls to my stash.

WTD:-76 YTD:-197

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dance:jumpyay:woo:bounce:dance:elle

today I busted 3 more skeins of JewelBox finishing a "Bella Baguette", and finished off a small ball of thread on my bookmark project :yay:yay

So my score is: wtd: +13 / ytd: +2!!!

Thank you :ty Beth, Heather & Linda, and this CAL! I am proud to :dance :dance :dance with you ladies!

:dance:jumpyay:woo:bounce:dance:elle

today I busted 3 more skeins of JewelBox finishing a "Bella Baguette", and finished off a small ball of thread on my bookmark project :yay:yay

So my score is: wtd: +13 / ytd: +2!!!

Thank you :ty Beth, Heather & Linda, and this CAL! I am proud to :dance :dance :dance with you ladies!

Yippee!!! You made it!!! I'm so happy for you!:hug:yay:cheer:clap:woo:jumpyay:dance

This has been a GREAT week for getting on our YTD+ dancin' shoes!

Thanks, Beth :hug...

It has taken me since January to get here, so it feels pretty good indeed! :yes:yay:yes

Thanks for the inspiration, and the encouragement...I don't think I would have pushed so hard otherwise :c9

nitey-nite:yawn... off to :sleep like a baby! It's been a loonng day :yawn

Ty, Ty, Ty, a friend gave me that hot pad and asked me to write out the pattern for her, You saved me all the trouble, you are an angel

awww... you're very welcome my dear! Enjoy!

its really easy and tons of fun! :hook

:heart

:mug

i have ended my no purchase spree. :eek:eek:eek i was able to last a full 20 months without a purchase. but alas, i bought a skein of caron pounder this week. but at least i used up 2 ends of thread balls making sock trims. so i am at 0 rather than a negative. :hook i hope to not be down a slippery shopping slope.:goodorbad i just have to get back to the right mind set and use up a lot of thread i still have.

2009 Stashbusting Score: + 0 WTD / +85 YTD (5/2/09)

Wow, 20 months!!!!??? I think you did really good anyway, then! And you must have quite a stash, when you can crochet that much without buying any yarn. :D

Well, just wanted to say "GOD JOB" to you, even if you did buy yarn. We all have to buy it sometimes, we don't want the yarnstores to close either. ;)

PS. just started this CAL, and if any of you fellow stashbusters wants to join me, that would be fun. I think we can get some nice scores in here if we use our stash. ;)

+38 Miss Scarlet GOLD MEDAL!

+14 basjordan SILVER MEDAL!

+13 a_stitchintime BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+12 CLLinda

+12 ropergirl3

+11 teakaycee

+8 dilyca2006

+6 aphelia

+6 hseger

+6 Legalwoman17

+5 fc1123

+4 Jain

+3 BigPinkPolkaDot

+3 Tia

+2 mar3185

+2 Wendy Sue

+1 Ellie 13

0 Crafty Witch

0 jura2908

0 KellyA

0 walker 1021

-2 DesertCrocheter

-2 dragonpuck

-2 kel

-4 ArielManx

-5 krazy-kitty

-6 pineknott

-7 PBLKNP

-8 karishema

-14 LEaD

-16 darski

-75 lhapsaapsolady

-76 Mandii SHOOT THE MOON!!!

The zeros and plus people still outnumber the (us) minus people so we are doing ok with one third of the year already gone :whew

I am determined to get some yarn gone this week. Pet snugglies here I come! :dog :cat

I am feeling really dumb right now...

First of all, THANK YOU so much for the hard work you put in to keep this CAL going!!!:clap

Please do not undo the work you have already done or change anything....it's MY error and I can live with it!!!:blush

You would think by now I would know how to post properly, I put -2 when I should have put +2 because I used a skein, I did not buy a skein. I have managed to keep my ytd correct, so go figure. I guess its a matter of paying attention to what I am posting...it's not the first time I have made this dingy mistake.

Oh well, its only yarn!

I didn't finish any balls/skeins since Thurs. I've been working on the Mystery CAL and got 2 skeins almost ready to roll down. I need to get the Fri. part so I can see what it's going to be (tote bag maybe :think). A friend brought 12 skeins late last night (-24) :angry, but I got even :devil. I took them to church and re-gifted 10 skeins to people I know who crochet/knit for charity (+20) :cheer. So I'm starting this week negative :(. I'm going to use some for the mystery CAL.

WTD: - 4 YTD: + 60

Ellie 13

I couldn't pass up some RHSS at the thrift store. I got 2 new skeins and a ball of RHSS and a tiny ball of some baby yarn so starting out this week with -6 but I should be able to get rid of some balls this week to keep my YTD 0 or better. :D

I do need to buy to skeins yet to finish projects this month but I'm hoping to hold off till next week on that.

OKay so I finished the Baby Boy Layette of afghan, jumper, hat and booties all in blue mohair yarn. I managed to use all 9 skeins of the yarn with a tiny little ball left over. I was thinking of making mittens, but not enough yarn for that. And I didn't post my totals for last week which were pretty nice as well. Bummer, but hey I have this week were I am sending some yarn out in the Scrap Swap and I have started another baby outfit that includes all the bells and whistles. I am really having fun with the baby stuff. This layette is really cute and I am hoping that my cousin's baby is a girl, I so want to do a girl layette. Well, I am actually going to do this afghan and hope that they find the sex and tell me before I get to the gown. I can do the rest of the outfit in pants or gown as both petterns go with the afghan. I would have love to started this in pink, but I have settled for white.

Finished another skein on my Outta Sight. +2 Here's a picture of what it looks like with two skeins in it. Now I just have to continute that pattern repeat fooooooreeeeeeveeeeeer. haha At least I'm starting out the week in the positives and still resisting the really cheap sock yarn I found on eBay.

I have finished off 2 skeins today with various projects. I am glad to see that back end of that lovely lilac mohair type yarn. it is very pretty but it just seemed to take forever to get to the end of it.

If I just keep using up the yarn at hand I can get a good score really soon :wlol

I have certainly been a lapsed stash buster for the past few weeks. I am about to sign off for about three weeks now, but should post a score to close.

I got five partial skeins of kitchen cotton from someone destashing in the knitting (I'm the token crocheter) group. Alas, that puts me back 10 points:(

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -10/YTD: -25

See ya'll when I return!

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -10/YTD: -25

TeamVJGC

I was totally wiped out last night after spending a couple of days working on cakes and cupcakes that I forgot to post. :blush I actually, finally, used a skein of yarn up last week. I'll just carry it over to this week, and add to it the other skein I just finished up.

I'm gonna focus on the Diamond Trellis Afghan until I get it finished. I'm almost there!! :cheer

Very nice!!!! I like them all!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

Lots of stash busting over the last couple weeks for me. :whew

Charity squares... gifts... swaps...etc! here are just a few things I've been busy with.............. :hook

[ATTACH]600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]604[/ATTACH]

So to catch up...

WTD +11

YTD +156

Archived