2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

well haven't used much of my skein but I might have to use the ball that I rolled a couple of weeks ago to make some more fringe

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I like blue cheese dressing... maybe some green cheese would be nice for a change.

My MM order came in with 12 skeins of yarn in a baby blanket kit. That big -24 is going to take some fixing. :(

The good news is that WIP Week will likely get me several points. I knew there was a reason I only counted completed skeins. And the :cat at the humane society will be happier as well.

Well, I have steady worked on my layette for a little boy. I did the blanket in hairpin lace, and I am working on the jumper, Still have the hat and booties to do. I finished off one skein so far on the jumper and I am working on the second skein. I don't have as much time to be on here or to crochet with my son out of town and DH being ill, so I am basically running the shop. I will post some pic when I am done with this one, I really like the way it is coming out. So +2 WTD so far.

I stayed out of HL on purpose yesterday. They have the Caron Simply Soft's on sale and I could buy at least three, but I just didn't go in the store. Can't guarantee I will be strong all week, but at least I was on the first day of the sale.

:manyheart

I finished another skein completing my pet bed, then used the last scrap of a second skein to make a cell-phone cozy. So I get +4 for 2 skeins, making my WTD +10, and my YTD +2. Who wants to do the 'YTD in the positives" dance????:dance

Linda- Good for you... nice restraint! :clap:applause

:cheer:cheerBeth! Congrats on the YTD score!:cheer:cheer

I am hoping to join you by the end of the week...

Today I finished a skein over at the mystery CAL (I count like Darski... only when I finish one) so that is +2, which brings my YTD into single digits :woo

off to update my siggy!

well I didn't buy anymore yarn today so that's 3days in a row that I haven't bought any yarn but I will have to buy gray yarn since I don't have any gray yarn

Linda- Good for you... nice restraint! :clap:applause

:cheer:cheerBeth! Congrats on the YTD score!:cheer:cheer

I am hoping to join you by the end of the week...

Today I finished a skein over at the mystery CAL (I count like Darski... only when I finish one) so that is +2, which brings my YTD into single digits :woo

off to update my siggy!

I'll be happy to do the "YTD is positive" dance with you soon!!!:cheer

I made 4 comfortghan squares and used 3 balls (+3) :cheer. I finished all the turtles and :crocheting some more squares together. Another :yarn bites the dust (+1). My neighbor took 2 skeins a while back, so yesterday she brought me a ball (leftovers) and 3 new skeins :eek (-7). OH well, at least my score is still + :D.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 64

Ellie 13

I actually did have to buy A skein of a pink Bernat Satin yarn today in order to make my May Scarf. I used a satiny type yarn for the "leaves" and the flowers just could not be matte :no

Well I will just keep on keeping on this week and hope that most of the (now) -26 can be pared down.

I've awful this week. Walmart dropped red heart down to 2 dollars, then Michaels put Vanna Baby (the green) down to 2 dollars, and JoAnns is still having sales. So 20 skeins at Walmart, 4 at Michaels, 2 at Joanns, then four came in the mail. Thats a -60

Wow! Go Mandii!! haha

I worked on my Outta Sight a little today and started a handbag that I'm testing the pattern for. No points to claim yet but at least I did get something accomplished.

2 more skeins bit the dust in the Mystery CAL...

Beth,

I am trying really hard to do that plus dance this week with ya! I am hitting the sack early tonight, get plenty of rest, because tomorrow is :crocheting marathon time! :woo

2 more skeins bit the dust in the Mystery CAL...

Beth,

I am trying really hard to do that plus dance this week with ya! I am hitting the sack early tonight, get plenty of rest, because tomorrow is :crocheting marathon time! :woo

I'll dust off my dancin' shoes and start stretching!:dance

I'm doing ok in the busting part. I finished another skein today... that makes 4skeins so far this week against my massive minus numbers ... but I'll take it :yay Those 8 points takes my minus number below 20. And I already have a plan for that skein of pink yarn I bought for the May scarf .

Archived