2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay :yay Congrats to all our winners. :yay :yay

I am concerned about my score. we are one third of the way through the year and I am one third of the way to my pitiful score at the end of last year. :thair

:(

Darn!

I was out of town and forgot to post my score...which was -66! :eek Blast Knit Picks and their fast shipping. Blast Serendipity Needleworks in Tuscaloosa, AL and their awesome stock!

Congrats on the win, Jain :-)

LOL thank you, thank you. :bow I couldn't have done it without Walmart and JoAnn's.

I think my score is going to get worse before it gets better but I do have a bit of progress to report. I'm quickly using up another skein of RHSS on my afghan so I should have that done in a day or two. And I finished off a cone of cotton on my bathing suit cover up. Now I just have to sew the parts together - luckily I have another small skein of white cotton so I won't have to buy more to finish it up. So +2 for me so far.

I'm going out to Marengo today to pick up a 12 inch circular knitting needle for knitting preemie hats, and I am sure hoping none of the wonderful yarn that she has jumps in my basket. That could be bad.

Temptation is hard to deal with.

:manyheart

Well I am very close to the end of two pounders. I just finished a pounder of white and a green one is very close to finishing as well. All thanks to the Charity Square Along for this month.

This is good.

This is how it is supposed to work.

:wlol

Well I am very close to the end of two pounders. I just finished a pounder of white and a green one is very close to finishing as well. All thanks to the Charity Square Along for this month.

This is good.

This is how it is supposed to work.

:wlol

Congrats on finishing pounders. That's a lot of work!

A friend of mine needed many different colors of yarn and asked me if I had any I could spare. She's making a scrapghan and needs a lot of colors.

She definately asked the right person. I gave her a whole bag!

So now I have a +18 this week and it's only Tuesday!

:manyheart

Linda you will have me beat! I haven't dropped in here much as I haven't been using alot of yarn. I finally get to give myself a point for using up the majority of a skein of yarn on a bag for my ds's leapster. :yay

I used a small ball sewing turtles together (+1) :clap. 5 turtles done, 15 to go. I started to crochet my squares together again (got bored with turtles) and used 2 balls (+2) :clap. The squares look better with the different colors. I find if I do a few turtles then a few squares, I don't get bored. Maybe if I did 3 or 4 projects I'd never be bored :lol.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 59

Ellie 13

I used a small ball sewing turtles together (+1) :clap. 5 turtles done, 15 to go. I started to crochet my squares together again (got bored with turtles) and used 2 balls (+2) :clap. The squares look better with the different colors. I find if I do a few turtles then a few squares, I don't get bored. Maybe if I did 3 or 4 projects I'd never be bored :lol.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 59

Ellie 13

Way to bust stash!!! I tend to have too many projects going at once. I don't know what to work on. I think 2 or 3 projects would be a good number -- enough to choose from to stay interested, but not too much -- not overwhelming.

Way to bust stash!!! I tend to have too many projects going at once. I don't know what to work on.

This is interesting. I have been thinking that I would hold a WIP Week next week.

Just for that one week we would put a big push on to get some cleared away. I plan to use the Dave Ramsey system for mine. :wlol

I think that is definitely a go now. Maybe I'll see you next Monday eh :wlol

I'm doing badly with this. I buy yarn faster than I can use it, but that's fine with me. I love getting yarn lol. My brothers girlfriend gave me a few skeins awhile back, some were just balls, some were brand new and I danced around lol. I think I scared her that day.

I haven't been online for a few days. I have been at the hospital with my husband. He had surgery on Monday to remove a tumor on this lung. They removed the largest of the tumors and we were informed that he has Mesothelioma, The cancer is not only on his lung but also in his chest wall lining. He is in the early stages. It seems twenty years ago, brake pads for cars were made of asbestis. Back then we didn't know the dangers, and we would remove brake dust with compressed air, throwing asbestis into the air. We are now in search on a good oncologist in our area. I will be contacting Sloan Kettering in NYC tomorrow for their oncology department. Anyway, I have had tons of time to crochet waiting for doctors and I managed to finish quite a bit on a ghan. I am at WTD +8

I haven't been online for a few days. I have been at the hospital with my husband. He had surgery on Monday to remove a tumor on this lung. They removed the largest of the tumors and we were informed that he has Mesothelioma, The cancer is not only on his lung but also in his chest wall lining. He is in the early stages. It seems twenty years ago, brake pads for cars were made of asbestis. Back then we didn't know the dangers, and we would remove brake dust with compressed air, throwing asbestis into the air. We are now in search on a good oncologist in our area. I will be contacting Sloan Kettering in NYC tomorrow for their oncology department. Anyway, I have had tons of time to crochet waiting for doctors and I managed to finish quite a bit on a ghan. I am at WTD +8

:hugKeep us posted! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

The good news is that I finished two skeins today, so +4 bringing my WTD to +12, and my YTD to -31. The bad news is that I finished the multi-strand project, so I'm back to slow progress, and I really want to get out of negatives this month!!!

Archived