2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rolled a skein into a ball last night.

Making a really cute bunny purse for the county fair.

:manyheart

Well I got 9 skeins of mohair yarn from Cherri yesterday so that is -18 along with the -14 I had from earlier this week. However I did manage to finish off one skein last night so that is +2 so I am sitting at -30 so far this week, and I know I have 12 more balls that should be in today or tomorrow so I might as well add them to my score now and get this all over with with a total of -42 for the week, And no I wasn't trying to shoot the moon, life just happens. DH will be having more tests run today, I think this is the last one before his surgery on Monday. I am so glad I found a pattern that really like doing as I couldn't stand not keeping busy with everything that is going on right now, and waiting in these doctors office for these past few months as really been a trail. One good thing that has come about is that, from his stomach problems they found a tumor on his lung. And it is small, so his survive rate is high. It's location doesn't permit a needle biopsy, instead they are just going to remove the tumor during this surgery on Monday. Unfortunately, he will still have his stomach problems to deal with afterwards. Any prayer would be appreciated.

I picked up 3 skeins this week. I'm making a rug that is in Crochet Me by Kim Werker. I actually need one more skein, but I 'll get it when I need it.

Laura

I'm posting early -6 WTD/ -24 YTD

I used up another skien today at my crochet/knitting group. Made a pair of baby booties to go with the hat and sweater. They are going to be entered in the fair as a set.

Ladykats I will keep your hubby and you too in my prayers -- may his surgery go well and you get good news.

I'm posting early again this week. Tomorrow will be one of those crazy busy days. Actually my score hasn't changed. I finished a couple of projects this week, but none of them helped to bust my stash.

For week ending April 18, 2009:

WTD: 0 / YTD: -50

Well I got 9 skeins of mohair yarn from Cherri yesterday so that is -18 along with the -14 I had from earlier this week. However I did manage to finish off one skein last night so that is +2 so I am sitting at -30 so far this week, and I know I have 12 more balls that should be in today or tomorrow so I might as well add them to my score now and get this all over with with a total of -42 for the week, And no I wasn't trying to shoot the moon, life just happens. DH will be having more tests run today, I think this is the last one before his surgery on Monday. I am so glad I found a pattern that really like doing as I couldn't stand not keeping busy with everything that is going on right now, and waiting in these doctors office for these past few months as really been a trail. One good thing that has come about is that, from his stomach problems they found a tumor on his lung. And it is small, so his survive rate is high. It's location doesn't permit a needle biopsy, instead they are just going to remove the tumor during this surgery on Monday. Unfortunately, he will still have his stomach problems to deal with afterwards. Any prayer would be appreciated.

I am praying for you both... I hope all goes well:hug

Okay, I'm going to put in my totals now, as I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow.

I went through another skein this week, so my totals are:

WTD = +2 and YTD +89

:D

hey, you all!

gonna post now, in case I run out of day tomorrow (which at the moment looks pretty likely:() oh well... at least I will be volunteering, which always makes me feel good:yes

wtd: 0

I managed to go through another skein of mohair blend. Found new stitch that I am in love with and it is working up quickly.

Thank you for the prayers, hubby ill need them.

Score for the week is -39

Well, I used up a small ball early this week but then bought a skein, so my

score for week ending 4/18/09: -1

And next week is going to start with a negative, too, probably, because my mother asked me to stop at Joann's today and buy her a Pound of Love, and I don't know if my will power is strong enough to resist buying some for me, too. Happy weekend, everyone!

Patty

Ok here's my score for the week of April 18th

WTD+4/YTD-176

ok if it changes I'll update it again but I'm sure it won't since the weather here today is extremely nice and going to be watching my daughters sing in church

WTD: 11

YTD: 11

i'm so happy i decided to join this CAL! Its so much fun!

I agree this Cal is so much fun to see everyone's progress and how everybody is doing with keeping their yarn stash down

I used up 3 balls (+3) making turtle parts (I had no stuffing for them). I went to Michaels last night to get stuffing. Since I forgot my 40% coupon :oops, I only bought stuffing but NO :yarn! :clap I saw a sign "new yarn department coming soon" :yay. Is this a good thing or a bad thing :think? I'm going to stuff the turtles and the doll I made last (:think) year.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 56

Ellie 13

I still haven't managed to finish off a ball or a skein. I need to stop bouncing from UFO to UFO and just work on ONE thing! Namely, my youngest sons Spidey RR - running out of time til his birthday!!

WTD: 0

Used up a skein today but brought one home from a garage sale, so my score hasn't changed.

WTD=+9 YTD=-36

I'm glad I'm in the positives this week!

Archived