2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah! I didn't shoot the moon. It is funny but this group is helping me control my spending. I really want to see my number grow - just once in awhile I give in and add yarn to the stash.

wendy

I know it doesn't seem like it because I managed to get -10 in one day, but I feel the same way. I've only been here a week, but I've resisted the urge to run to Hobby Lobby twice because I didn't want to get even deeper in the hole. :lol

Hey, I am a metalist again... That is so cool. I was away over the weekend, so I didn't get my mail til today. So I will begin my week in a big negative. I haven't counted all of it yet, so I will post my WTD tomorrow, but have a question. I have received small hanks of thin yarn about 100 yards each. They will be rolled into balls as soon as I get a ball winder, hmmm too many to do by hand, So I am figuring to count then up as balls. Now my question is Is that the correct way to count them?

I'm already in the positives this week! Finished up a skien this morning after church but before going to the relative's house for Easter. Worked on my baby sweater and only have about half a skein left.

Horray for those little 50 gram skeins!

This week I will get some stashbusting done! Unless I stop at Hobby Lobby on the way from working out tomorrow morning.:devil

:manyheart

Just finished a skein on a baby sweater I'm working on. +2! I'm going to have to try to use a lot of skeins this week because I'm expecting two skeins in the mail. I'd like to eventually get my YTD totals in the positives!

Wow, I got a medal for the first time! Woo hoo!! Unfortunately, I'm about to blow that out of the water. My grandma gave me my birthday presents today and one of them was a big bag of yarn - 16 skeins! So I'm starting the week out with a -32 which wipes my YTD out! At least I'm at zero and not negative... yet.

Well, after untwisting and rolling one of the hanks into a ball, I can officially announce that I have received 16 balls, small ones as well and I have more on the way. Same company/ same blend but a different color. Couldn't wait to work with it last night. Over the weekend, as I was going through squares on the internet, hubby pointed out a country square that is done in a fine yarn. The Merino/silk blend yarn I just received will work perfectly, so I started a square last night. I managed to do three squares for my son's blanket and two squares for hubby's blanket and one of the country squares. With the colors I ordered, they will go ever well in my bedroom.

Used up another skien on my baby sweater. I have the yoke, belly and one sleeve finished. It's turning out super cute. I'm using some lavander cotton yarn for this little sweater. The yarn is from Knitpicks.

I plan on making a sweater, bonnet and booties for the county fair.

I have one outfit, two blankets, a scarf and a hat done for the fair so far. And it's in August, so I can keep going on projects, using up stash!

:manyheart

I am wondering if you are subscribed to this thread? if you get notices when all of us post on Saturday it would trigger you to remember to sign in as well. When you subscribe you can choose email notification ... that is my reminder too.

Interesting idea, but I think I will pass. I need to limit the e-mail in my inbox. Even with the spamblocker, I seem to have too much. Usually, the reason is that I am just so busy that the time gets away.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -15

TeamVJGC

Interesting idea, but I think I will pass. I need to limit the e-mail in my inbox. Even with the spamblocker, I seem to have too much. Usually, the reason is that I am just so busy that the time gets away.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -15

TeamVJGC

yeah I can see where that gets old in a hurry. :rofl

If you use Yahoo mail (and maybe others) you can set your "calendar" to send you a notice every Saturday. I use that function for lots of stuff and I like it. :wlol

Got myself a few (4) skeins as a reward for surviving camping with my inlaws for a week. It was going to be more than that, but my wallet ran out of money. I mean, I controlled myself. Something like that, anyway! :lol

The only problem now is all the other camping trips planned for the year...

Wow, I got a medal for the first time! Woo hoo!! Unfortunately, I'm about to blow that out of the water. My grandma gave me my birthday presents today and one of them was a big bag of yarn - 16 skeins! So I'm starting the week out with a -32 which wipes my YTD out! At least I'm at zero and not negative... yet.

:bday And congrats on being not negative!!!:cheer

I hope everyone had a nice Easter or Passover.

My squares didn't go together right, I took them apart and rolled the yarn back to a ball :( (-1). I'm going to try putting them together with different colors around each square. I made another hat from the Mystery CAL. I started with a partial skein, then rolled the rest down (+1) :cheer. I used a ball on flowers for the hats (+1) :clap.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 53

Ellie 13

Got myself a few (4) skeins as a reward for surviving camping with my inlaws for a week. It was going to be more than that, but my wallet ran out of money. I mean, I controlled myself. Something like that, anyway! :lol

The only problem now is all the other camping trips planned for the year...

:rofl If you know in advance, hide survival money in your wallet as a reward for not killing anyone, hmmm I mean being a good daughter in law. :)

well, so much for progress. I got -8 points worth of yarn in the mailbox today. At this rate I'll never get in the positives.

And I ordered a ton of yarn today. The only good thing is maybe I'll get the "shoot the moon" award this week. :lol:

PS: I really can't do math. I'm finding it hard to figure out my totals. I'm going to have to either use my stash or give up and keep buying. But I can't do both :lol

I received 5 balls of yarn in the post this morning, making a total of -10:eek

I used up ball making a toy, so that brings to -8, will try and get back in the positives somehow this week:lol

Archived