2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I used a ball making more bunny pins :clap (+1) I made 46 total, have only 11 left :cheer. I only have a few googly eyes left, so I might have to go to Michaels or A.C. Moore again. I hope there will be enough to get me through Easter.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 51

Ellie 13

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did real good today. I'm hunting for some Lt. Periwinkle RHSS so I had to go to HL and found they shrunk the yarn section again :eek so there were quite a few skeins in the clearance but I ended up putting it all back except one skein but I still don't have that periwinkle I need. -2 to start out my week.

well I'm on day 4 of buying no new yarn yeah for me this week so far in the + will it continue I guess we'll have to wait and see

woo hoo. Got one ball of yarn finished today finally. Now I had better go and change my siggie.

:hi, Diane!

How was your class? I have missed you on the Friday Scarf-along...

Hope all is well, and it's nice to see ya! :hug

Need to update my score for the week.

I used up 5 partail balls making squares +5

Received 3 balls of yarn in the post from a lady over at Raverly -6

Wound up a skein into a ball +1

So that takes me back to 0:cheer

Working on Son's black and white chess board blanket with of all things one pounders, and we are going away this weekend, so it will be a while before I get through any of them, I am averaging 3 squares a night thankfully so 9 of 64 made. But it will be a while before I bust my stash. And I won several auction of 50/50 merino/silk blend for hubby's blanket, they will be in next week sometime. Yeah

HI!!!

The class was good. I did not get all the projects done in time, but, got enough that I am confident that I can take a filet crochet graph and make something with it!!!

I hve not been over to the Friday scarf along in weeks. I almost forgot about it.

Very busy, but, so is everyone else so I can't use that as an excuse!!!LOL

:hi, Diane!

How was your class? I have missed you on the Friday Scarf-along...

Hope all is well, and it's nice to see ya! :hug

I used up all my googly eyes and a small ball of :yarn (+1) on bunny pins. I made a total of 52 pins :cheer. I've got 13 pins left, I hope that will be enough for the next 2 days. I started to crochet my afghan squares together. I might use a ball or 2 by Sat. I'm not sure what I'll do after I get the afghan done. Maybe I'll join the Christmas 2009 CAL :lol.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 52

Ellie 13

HI!!!

The class was good. I did not get all the projects done in time, but, got enough that I am confident that I can take a filet crochet graph and make something with it!!!

I hve not been over to the Friday scarf along in weeks. I almost forgot about it.

Very busy, but, so is everyone else so I can't use that as an excuse!!!LOL

I know...:lol... everyone IS busy...Spring, I guess.

I am glad that you enjoyed your class, and glad that you are confident about Filet. It really is fun, isn't it?

Anyway, it sure is nice to "see" you!

:hug

Well today I busted through a skein so +2 for me I'll probably have to post tomorrow since Saturday will be a busy

I probably wont be around sat cause its my birthday, but I'll try to stop by to post

:cake:bday MANDII!! Hope you have a great one!

I finished a skein on my afghan today. +2.

Finished off another skein on my afghan. +2 That's the last of the green yarn leftover from my jacket. Now I can concentrate on my bathing suit cover up. And I really need to get back to my socks before I start the new projects I have in mind. But I'd rather have too many projects than have none and nothing to do.

:birthday Mandi, enjoy your weekend.

Well, I haven't gotten much of anything else done this week. Working on my son's blanket with huge skeins.....Still trying to figure out why I went that route when I have tons of small skeins in black, oh yeah, I would have had to buy so many in white. I finally managed to stop over at the LYS in my town. My first time in, and I didn't even get a hello from the two ladies there. I had to ask where the yarn ( very small selection ) was. It is mainly a floss store for embroidery. And then I had to search for the prices on the skeins. I finally found some really funky bright red to aqua painted yarn. Very pretty and I was thinking to grab a couple to make my DD a scarf. But the skeins were coming apart, and I had to look through several in the bin and I finally found one with a price. My heart I swear stopped... a 50 gram skein of WW was 64.50. I of course put it back. Being that I embroidery as well, I looked at some of the floss. I love to do silk embroidery and my supply is getting low. When I asked if they carried it, I was rudely told no. Well, my first visit is going to be my last visit. And I managed not to buy anything, but it isn't like I could afford that store anyway. So my totals as of today have stayed the same all week.

I don't know...I feel myself caving today...I can hear the yarn sirens calling all the way from the LYS...:devil

One of my prospective projects is going to be a crocheted sweater, made with Lopi. The rationalizing sirens are saying that I should go to the store and pick up a skein or two of Lopi to experiment with it, to see if this is indeed the yarn I want to use for the sweater. :devil:devil

After having a negative week last week, I thought that I would really try to get some points in the positive. But because I haven't felt good (stomach thing), I really am still at just a +1 for the week.

Hopefully, after the holiday, I can really work hard.

Life just gets in the way of crochet.

:manyheart

Archived