Curiosity Killed the Cat right? Update: Near Disaster

So what will it do to me? Dh informed me the other day that he did some Christmas shopping online. First off dh never shops online, second of all he rarely does his shopping this early so of course I'm super curious. Well I resisted the urge to check the internet history...for about 10 minutes :lol But smarty pants that he is, he didn't use my computer to do it. Darn.

So now I'm practically going insane but trying to ignore the whole issue. So I go on about my day and am paying bills when I see a charge on our online banking to yarnmarket.com ACK! Okay honestly I wasn't snooping, it didn't even occur to me to check the online banking. But now I REALLY want to know what it is. But I know that I don't want to ruin the surprise since he's obviously really trying to surprise me.

Someone please help me stop thinking about this before I go insane. How many more days until Christmas? Ugh.

Look..........over there.........:flower !

oh.........is that an :elle?

am I helping??????? :D

how about a snack......... will that keep you busy?

:icecream:apple:cchip:strawberr:popcorn:soda

:heart

:mug

Curiosity killed the cat ....

But satisfaction brought it back...

Hope you are planning something special for him..If not do some super great planning now and put your energy into it...

Isn't Love great???

Just think about what a wonderful gesture this is on his part, and how you don't want to ruin the joy of him surprising you.

Sorry I won't be any help but I don't think it's possible for you to stop thinking about it now... at least, I don't think I could. Just try to be patient and don't do anything else that could ruin the rest of the surprise (NO poking in closets!:2nono), if he was nice enough to order from a place that has the word "yarn" in it you owe that to him.

I have a similar situation...except DH uses his debit card and I see the banking record when I check it every day!

I'm a writer, and you can imagine my excitement when I saw a debit for Levenger's! I DID have to throw broad hints his way....but I'm so excited that HE picked out something...I also saw a couple of debits for something else, which I think is also for me (my birthday is B4 Christmas, too) since he always tells me when he orders something for himself....

I'm so excited!!!:D:D:D

I wonder if your hubby is the Infamous "namelesshusband" who was on here several weeks ago looking for ideas?

Don't wreck all his hard work by snooping! (He may resent it and tell you to buy your own gifts next year!)

[and yes I am the pot calling kettle black ... see my post 'awwww shucks']

Just hang your stocking (or crochet one) and say your prayers 'cause Santa Claus

comes tonight!!! (ok in 18 days)

Thanks for all the distractions ladies. I definitely don't want to ruin the surprise. Its not often that he even tries to surprise me so this is a big deal for him. Don't get me wrong he is always great and never forgets holidays or anything but its always something I've specifically asked for and I always know ahead of time.

I am going to do my best to not accidentally come across any more info either. Hopefully he's hidden his purchases at his mom's or something so I won't accidentally find them since we're in the process of moving into our new house right now. Which btw is a great distraction. Nothing like moving and trying to finish gifts with less than 3 weeks til Christmas.

Hugs.

As Cher said to Nicholas Cage in "Moonstruck",

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!

Christmas will be here before you know it and you will find out what your DH bought you from YarnMarket! He's probably so excited and proud of himself for getting you exactly what you want, don't ruin that for him. If he's anything like my hubby, surprising you will eat at him so badly that he'll end up spilling the beans before Christmas anyway. :lol Mine always has every intention of surprising me and it just gets to him so badly that he knows something that I don't that he gives me hint after hint after hint until he's practically telling me what it is himself! :lol

I LOVE the anticipation, almost more than opening presents! My husband, on the other hand, is a snooper/investigator so I have to be really creative when it comes to surprises. One sniff that I've bought something and he'll be cleaning out the basement/garage/shed/closets! Hmmm...wait a minute...

Ack, the box arrived in the mail today and dh is out of town. Of course now its obvious that I know its for me since the company name is right there on the box. I think I'm going to just stack all the mail on the counter and pretend I didn't look through any of it yet. lol

Ack, the box arrived in the mail today and dh is out of town. Of course now its obvious that I know its for me since the company name is right there on the box. I think I'm going to just stack all the mail on the counter and pretend I didn't look through any of it yet. lol

I'm proud of you for not giving in!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer Way to go! We all know what temptation it is!!!

So the package from yarnmarket arrived the other day and my FIL brought it to me when he brought me some other mail that had ended up at their house. So I pretended not to see it but dh knew I had seen the box but I didn't open it so I'm still okay.

Well today my FIL comes down with a big brown envelope that came in the mail. It was open already and he hands it to me saying "its some of your stuff". Well the reason it was open was that it was addressed to my DH and he and my FIL have the same name so he opened it when it came to their house. lol Luckily dh had arrived home not 2 minutes earlier and snatched it out of my hands! I didn't look in it thankfully but did notice it was from Herrschners! Ack! Dh was so disappointed that I even saw that or the other box. But I reassured him that I had no idea what they were and that I didn't even see where the second package was from. No sense in hurting his feelings.

I am soooo excited. Although he did what he always does and then kept asking me if I wanted my presents early. Ugh. He does this every time he buys anything ahead of time. I had to convince him to wait until Christmas or I wouldn't have anything to open since we both got our big gifts early. He got a toolbox for his work truck so I got my digital camera early! Silly boy can't wait though. He's so cute.

Archived