Birthday bag *updated with photo*

csabers

This is a bag I made for my friend Lisa's birthday.

22182162_94d6457312_m.jpg 22182131_c45193e291_m.jpg22251919_2e33afedbb_m.jpg

I used Cascade Yarns Prisma ribbon yarn and lined it with nylon. It has plastic "tortoise shell" handles and a magnetic flap closure. I made a coordinating pouch to go with it. No pattern - just 4 rows sc, 2 rows dc, 4 rows sc, 4 rows hdc, 4 rows sc. That's it!

Update: she liked it!

Your bag looks awesome, nicely done. :) Did you have a hard time linning it? I can't seem to find handles around here, :think I'm looking for the wooden handles.

Thank you! I did have a hard time lining it mostly because I HATE sewing! :yuck

I'm not sure if it's because I was forced to in Home Ec. or just because I'm terrible at it, but I really don't like it. I have THREE projects that only have buttons to be sewn on to be FOs and still they sit....

Anyway, I coerced a friend into sewing the lining pocket for me by machine (I had already cut and pinned the lining - she just had to sew the hem and side seams) b/c of course I don't have a machine of my own. Then I handstitched it in. I tried to whipstich it in like Janet did, but my fabric was not lending itself to be whipstiched. What I ended up doing if you look closely (please don't!) is just a basic straight stitch (only mine isn't!) around. If I had it to do over, I'd probably make another round and stitch in between the stitches so it looks like one continous line. Oh, and I'd probably use matching thread! :loser

As for the handles, I really can't remember where I got them. I've purchased at both JoAnn and Hancock when on sale, but I've also ordered on line (I have a handle stash as well as a yarn stash!). I've heard they have a good selection at Ben Franklin on the Eastside but I haven't been over there.

Archived