Kaitlyns Popcorn Scarf

LadiBug329

th_012.jpg th_011.jpg

(clicky pics)

This is the scarf I just completed for my daughter's bff Kaitlyn for Christmas. I used the RH Strata Yarn which is self striping. I got it on clearance at WallyWorld for $2/skein. This took a 1-1/2 skeins, and is 76" without the fringe.

That is lovely... I my self am on a scarf making race and wanted to ask you where did you get that pattern from..???

If it is something you came up with can you share the how to's???

thanks

Lillibet

hmmmm i just kinda winged it, but here's what i did - you can make it however wide you want - mine was 13 st wide, so i guess i chained 14 to start.

I think for the popcorn stitch to work out, you might need an odd number of stitches across for the first row....

To make the end section:

End row 1: sc across, ch 2, turn

End row 2: hdc across, ch 1, turn

End row 3: sc across, ch 1, turn

End row 4: (popcorn in first st, sc next st) repeat to end of row, ending with sc, ch 1, turn

repeat rows 1-4 8 times, then repeat rows 1-3, at the end of this sequence ch 3 & turn.

Body of scarf:

Now, here, I changed up my stitch pattern b/c i didn't want the bulkiness of the popcorns to go around the neck so here's what I did:

Body rows 1-44: (the ch 3 of prev row counts as first dc in this row) Skip first st, dc in next st, go back to skipped st and dc. Repeat to end of row - you will have 1 dc at beginning of row, and the remaining stitches will criss-cross each other. ch 3, turn

At end of Body row 44, ch 1, repeat End Rows 1-4 8 times, then rows 1-3 once.

Fringe: When you've completed all rows of the entire scarf, at the end of the last row, *chain 24, turn, sc in same st, sc in next st, ch 16, sc in same st, sc in next st repeat from * to end of row.

To fringe the end you began with, sl st into first st, and repeat above.

You'll have to let me know if you don't understand something!! I'm not too good at writing patterns.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived