Chelle's skull cap....i think it is chelle's

tazluvr

Question

So, I made three of these hats, with 3 different hooks...and they all look way too big for my neices....one is 4, one is 8....do I need to be using a specific yarn or something? I used some Caron yarn, it is really soft. I have a picture of the hat that I could post, but I dont know how to post it here....if you tell me how, I can post if, if you think that will help you all figure out what I might be doing wrong....

Thanks! I am still new at this!!

;o) nicci

9 answers to this question

Hi Nicci

I think this post should probably be under the Help section... but in the meantine...

I've made a few of Chelle's caps, I used plain old Red Heart yarns and they came out the right sizes. Haven't tried it in Caron yet though. I did find that hook size mattered though when one that I was making for a child turned out to fit me lol. I honestly can't remember what size hook I used for the ones I made, I also made one for a 3 yr old and one for a 8 yr old... I probably used whatever Chelle stated on her page though. I know I haven't been any help, sorry. Hopefully Chelle or someone will come along and see this though!

The hat is adorable by the way =)

Hello! I am a tight crocheter, but I have found that when using caron simply soft yarn you need to use one hook size larger than the hook you would use for red heart super saver. I use a size G hook (for red heart yarn) for infants size cap, I hook for girls size and K hook for adult size (with hooks in between for ages in between). If you crochet loosely I would go down a hook size from those I listed.

Hope this helps some! Even if a cap looks large, it probably fits just right. I recently made an adult size cap with a K hook and it looked huge looking at it! But it fit!

Thank you!

I think I am more of a "loose" crocheter....I probably need to use an f hook for the infant size and so on....

Thanks for your input!

I love the pattern though, so cute and so easy! Just gotta get the size thing down!

:ty

Archived