A sad day for me....

I lost my favorite hook, my Susan Bates size 7. :(

These are not available around here, and I am sad....how will I get along without it?? :cry

My only hope is that I left it at the church where DD takes piano lessons....I always have my crocheting with me when I go there. Today is her lesson, so I am hoping that her teacher found it and knows it is mine.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. If I don't find it, I will not be a happy hooker!

I sure hope you find it. Have you checked your car, coat, and any place else your fav hook could have fallen?

I know my hooks seem to love to jump down into my couch. :lol I'll put my work down and when I get back, the hook is hiding someplace. It's kind of irritating.

:manyheart

The search will continue tonight....the piano teacher hadn't found it, but I will check with their church secretary tomorrow, and the piano teacher was leaving a note for the person who cleans. I did leave another hook there once, and the teacher found it and gave it to me next time.

Melissa,

I am so sorry you lost your hook. :( I don't like Susan Bates Hooks I prefer Boye. If I have a Bates 7 in my hook can, which I can't get to until later tonight I will gladly put it in an envelope and send it to you. :hug

I live in PA about 50 miles north of Philly so you should have it in a day or two.

I will pm you later to let you know if I have one and if so, you can pm me back with your address. I am going to the post office tomorrow to pick up flat rate APO boxes for Whispercalms daughter and SIL so it will go out in the morning.

TLOL,

Toni

I know the feeling. I tore my boyfriend's house apart trying to find it. Well, not literally, but it felt like it.

I even tore MY house apart trying to find it. I thought maybe it fell out in his car, or maybe at church, but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE.

I found it a couple of days later, stuffed inside a skein of yarn. :laughroll

Then a couple of days later I lost it again, and I've yet to find it. I don't remember what kind it was, but a friend of mine [who joined the army a month ago] gave it to me, and I like it because the ...well, I'm not sure what it's called, but the gash in the hook-y part was deeper.

I hope you find it.

FOUND IT!! It was in the crevices of my chair, I found it while vacuuming all the nasties out of there in an attempt to find the hook!

My husband looked at me like I was nuts, for being so happy about finding a hook! :lol

I'm glad you found it. I always seem to find what I am looking for, when I am looking for something else. :think I don't know if that makes any sense. I lost my "I" hook, recently, too. I figure it will show up sooner or later. :P

Tina

I am so happy for you. Missing a favorite hook is hard. I'm glad it showed up. Sometimes those gremlins just move things on us to drive us a little crazy. Blame it on Gremlins!

:manyheart

I took an emory board to one of my Susan Bates hooks too! It was a newer one and had this rough edge on the tip. Weird. I'm glad you found your hook. When I lost mine, it was my cat's fault. I was just about to interrogate her for the whereabouts of your hook. You never know, my cats are pretty sneaky! :lol

I'm glad to hear you found your hook I remember when I thought I lost my h hook and later I found the hook in my purse though now I carry my g and h hook in my purse all the time

Archived