darski

The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

Here's my March Scarf. I wish I could remember what my January scarf looked like.

shelley_medium.jpg

Love your march scarf:manyheart

Beautiful scarves, ladies!!

I finished mine last night and just added it to the March album. It is the bumpy scarf pattern that someone (sorry, can't remember who) posted previously. I used Vanna's in dusty blue, silver blue, and white.

th_marchscarf.jpg

Is that ever nice Stacy. I really like the look of it, It would be great with a matching hat. (hint hint ... and note my sig :wlol )

I love, love, love the cowl; that color is gorgeous.

It's interesting to see the Mists of Avalon interpreted by someone else and the set is beautiful. I love the hat especially. You did a great job, my friend. :cheer:clap

I finished my Feb scarf last night but didn't get around to posting the pic until today so I guess it will be my March scarf.

Is that ever nice Stacy. I really like the look of it, It would be great with a matching hat. (hint hint ... and note my sig :wlol )

Thank you. I ran out of dusty blue right at the end of the 7th row, though, which is why I didn't make the last repeat from the pattern. Unfortunately...I have sworn to my dear, dear hubby that I will not buy any yarn until I finish his afghan. LoL So a matching hat will have to wait for another month or so. LoL

Thank you Paulissa. I wish I had had a more misty yarn but that green was nice to work with and a great pattern. I think it could work in every yarn type and look good

I just found us another interesting scarf pattern in the FOP links forum

http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2009/03/stairsteps-scarf.html

It is called stairsteps and has to fit somewhere in the year,

Thank you. I ran out of dusty blue right at the end of the 7th row, though, which is why I didn't make the last repeat from the pattern. Unfortunately...I have sworn to my dear, dear hubby that I will not buy any yarn until I finish his afghan. LoL So a matching hat will have to wait for another month or so. LoL

:(:(:(

It really is neat though

:rofl

Here is my latest scarf. This one was requested by my hubby - he chose the yarn, Homespun in Regency and I made it for him. I believe that the next time I make a Homespun scarf, I will use hdc instead of dc because I believe it will make for a nicer fabric. He loves it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/boogeebutt/12ScarvesOf2009Challenge?feat=directlink#5308324865093199858

That is interesting and the month that comes to mind for me is May; the ladder to success lol!!

Here is my latest scarf. This one was requested by my hubby - he chose the yarn, Homespun in Regency and I made it for him. I believe that the next time I make a Homespun scarf, I will use hdc instead of dc because I believe it will make for a nicer fabric. He loves it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/boogeebutt/12ScarvesOf2009Challenge?feat=directlink#5308324865093199858

That is a beautiful scarf. And it looks totally manly although I probably wouldn't have seen that just seeing the yarn. Excellent!

I think you got a great fabric with the dc :think but it would be nice to see it in hdc as well; it would be much firmer I would guess.

Wow!!!

I can't believe it's MARCH already:eek!

Everyone's scarves are really beautiful! :clap:cheer:clap

I am stumped so far on what I want to do this month:think...

I have yarn in Aquamarine (March's birthstone)...

I am Irish, so St. Patrick's Day is special to me...

and today, with a Nor'easter coming in, I am reminded of the saying "In like a Lion, and out like a lamb"...

so many choices, what's a girl to do?! :rofl

It has a nice drape with the dc; I was just wondering about the sturdier fabric. I have some Homespun coming in a swap pkg soon so I think I will give the hdc a try and find out what I like best.

Where oh where did you find the hat pattern or is that one of your designs? I love the look of it!!

Just wondering which hat you mean... :think

WOW! I need to get a picture of my March scarf. :cheer Everyone's look great!!! :cheer Love seeing all the different patterns and yarns and colors :yay Eye candy for sure :hook

Just wondering which hat you mean... :think

The hat in the pic with the mists of avalon scarf; it's gorgeous!

All the March scarves look marvelous so far ladies :yay Now to get my act together tomorrow and get mine done :blush

:(:(:(

It really is neat though

:rofl

Thank you. :hook

Paulissa- I love the Homespun scarf. I adore the drape of Homespun no matter which stitch is used, but I suspect that hdc will be much sturdier. Great job.

The stairstep scarf is really neat! I'm not sure which month it would fall under but I'm sure it will be made sometime during the year!

Edited by _Stacy_

Oh wow, such lovely scarves!

I can't believe February is over already... I haven't even started my feb scarf, though I have decided what I'm going to do. Have a plan for march too...

The hat in the pic with the mists of avalon scarf; it's gorgeous!

I just made a standard hat from a circle then used the Mists of Avalon rows for the brim. I think I turned the brim with one row TBL (through back loop) to get an nice edge at the bottom.

th_2009MarchScarf.jpg

After much frustration with Photobucket :( and not getting a good color on the photo, here's my March scarf.

I think I may have solved the issue with the log in screen at Photobucket. In the original post we had the usename as Cville... but the account shows it as cville.... Maybe the case sensitivity was the issue. I have changed that in the first post for those like myself who use the cut and paste to get in.

I found that I could log in if I was already in the album from looking at someone's scarf for the month. We will see if this fix will do the trick.

:wlol

well I've had my March scarf done now all I need to do is take a picture of it then I will post it

th_2009MarchScarf.jpg

After much frustration with Photobucket :( and not getting a good color on the photo, here's my March scarf.

It's beautiful! :clap

It's beautiful! :clap

Thanks, I needed that :lol: