Hunting themed afghan

widdlejohn

Question

Hi there!

Can anyone point me toward a hunting themed afghan pattern - free or to purchase? I know Mary Maxim used to have one, but I could not find it on their site. My BIL's house burned down Tuesday and I want to make this for him as a gift full of love.

Thanks,

Marlene

7 answers to this question

Thanks - it has been tough.

I really love that lumberjack afghan - thanks for telling me about it! I think I will make that for another guy next Christmas, but still hoping to find a hunting themed one for now.

THanks!

Marlene

That mary maxim is found on ebay.

How about this one on Estay? Silhouette Deer Head Not sure if it's a good one, but might work.

Another idea is camo yarn and any afghan pattern.

Or how about some other things he can use, such as a hunting hat, mittens, etc.

How about finding fabric with the hunting theme all ready on it, and then just crochet an edging, that would be fast and then you can continue a search for other afghan patterns.

You could also look for cross stitch or plastic canvas patterns and use those for the afghan.

how about the famous navajo afghan (there's a CAL for it) http://www.******/crochet/navindmulcol.html

Over on about.com there is a filet crochet pattern for a deer that you could do as a square. That way you could do the deer facing opposite directions and make up a unique afghan. There are might be other patterns of similar themes but that was the first that I remembered seeing.

Oh man!! The ebay one is the one I remember - that is what I have in my mind's eye for him. It was over before I got there - GRRRR! I think I will keep hunting a bit longer and will grab at one of the other suggestions if I don't find it soon.

Thanks everyone!

Archived