Chatty

Cathedral Window-CAL

I have a question to all of you. I have read they use 2 strands in places. Is this necessary thing? Has anyone not use the double strand and how did it turn out?

thanks I will apppreciate the information given!

The two strands are used for the hexagons. This makes them puffy. I used only one strand as did some others here. It turned out just fine for me. I thought it was too hard to make with the right hook and two strands.

The two strands are used for the hexagons. This makes them puffy. I used only one strand as did some others here. It turned out just fine for me. I thought it was too hard to make with the right hook and two strands.

Thank you, I am going to use one strand. I wonder if it make a difference.

I used two strands I did not have any problem other than it being really bulky and hard to do. It turned out ok for me. Try making one with two and see if you like it, you may just be surprised.

Hi All,

Just letting you know I have just started facebook group for fans fo this wonderful pattern. Everyone is welcome to join :yay

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=176149490526

Thank,s, this group will serve as a reminder to finally start it some day.

I have finally picked this back up after months of it sitting in a cube beside the couch. Hopefully I will be able to finish it before the year anniversary of starting it. :D

I forgot how much I liked this pattern. I almost want to make another when this is done... If only I didn't have so many WIPs and such.

I have a question that couldn't see the answer to.

Annie's attic brought this pattern back out as a single one. I'd heard there were quite a few errors in the original that was in a book of several patterns. Did they correct the mistakes in the 'new' single pattern?

I've compared the newer patt with the errors listed in this thread and they seem to have fixed them. I think I might have found one but I'm not sure. It could just be my awful math skills and not having paid attention close enough in that round.

OK, Annie's attic daily thingy is featuring this pattern.

I did the math - pattern plus yarn = $65.34 [plus shipping]

I WANT this afghan! How difficult is it to do? I am a fairly simplistic crocheter. I can read a pattern (not so great on symbols but I can read the 'word' ones.)

I am thinking of asking for the whole kit for Christmas.

Annie's attic rates this as intermediate. Can anyone with real experience give me a clue as to what is really involved?

If you can DC, you can do it! It is alot of piecework and sewing, but pretty much it's all DC and HDC.

Hi everyone!

I was making my list on the Christmas CAL and mentioned that I am making this for my sister. I really need to have some idea of how time consuming it is. Does anyone with experience in this pattern have an estimate as to how long this would take to complete? I really appreciate any help!

Christie

Hi everyone!

I was making my list on the Christmas CAL and mentioned that I am making this for my sister. I really need to have some idea of how time consuming it is. Does anyone with experience in this pattern have an estimate as to how long this would take to complete? I really appreciate any help!

Christie

I did it in 8 1/2 months over 2 1/2 years. However, the first block of time that I did it I was pregnant and the second block of time had 2 small children. I also work outside the home and commute, so my crochet time is limited. I know someone else did it in about 2 months. It all depends on how much time you can devote to it.

I did it in 8 1/2 months over 2 1/2 years. However, the first block of time that I did it I was pregnant and the second block of time had 2 small children. I also work outside the home and commute, so my crochet time is limited. I know someone else did it in about 2 months. It all depends on how much time you can devote to it.

:eek Thank you so much for the information. I really think I am in trouble... maybe I better pick out something simpler... lol

:eek Thank you so much for the information. I really think I am in trouble... maybe I better pick out something simpler... lol

It's a completely doable pattern. It seems very intimidating, but in reality, it's just DC and HDC. You can do this. However, if this is something you think you can get done by Christmas along with other crochet presents - realize that it might not happen that way.

If you are home more, then this very well could be done in the next 4 1/2 months. If you spend alot of time outside the home, then maybe not. However, absolutely give this pattern a try! It was the best thing I did as far as confidence building in crochet. I look at other patterns now that might intimidate me and think, "I can do it. I did the Cathedrawl Window - so I can do this!"

It took me a little over 5 weeks working on it every evening for about 3 hours, so that is about 100 or 110 hours of crochet and I am a medium/fast crocheter so if you are slow say 200 hours. Depends how much time you can devote to it of course but this is my estimate. I didn't do any sewing; I slip stitched everything that needed to be sewed. The most "un-fun" thing to me was carrying the colors along the row crocheting over the color that's not in use. Definitely slowed me down.

I got to third section part A just fine. but part B says [3dc in 2nd dc of next 3dc group]it didnt say to turn? where is the next 3dc group coming from?

Also, are the 8 pentagons in the first section supposed to puff up like little pillows?

Mine do, but it actially gives it a 3-D effect.

any help would be appreciated, thanks penelope

penny@wcblue.com

I'm a bit late in joining in on the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan CAL. I have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind helping out.

For the Pentagon's, it states to use 2 threads. Is this just for the color or does this include the black final sc around the edge as well?

Did anyone else find the 2 strands difficult to handle?

Does it make that much difference in appearance to use the 2 strands when called for?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Becky

I've got the pattern, got the yarn, have the first section done and am working on the pentagons. The two yarns are a PITA and I don't mean bread, LOL. But I'm determined to get it done in time for our county fair in July. I'll keep posting my progress.