Chatty

Cathedral Window-CAL

I did alot this weekend! I'm a little more than halfway done with the last set of columns. After that I just have one row of solid black and then I can attach the small heptagons! I finished making all the small hepatagons, so once I can start sewing those on, it should go pretty fast.

But the ends! Oh the ends! There are so many to weave in...oy vey!

How exciting Christina! It looks like we'll have 3 finished ghans in a short time with yours and Heather's coming up!

I am thinking about starting one of these (although why, I cannot say!). Any words of wisdom from those who have finished or nearly finished? What about from those who started and gave up? Is there anyone who is just starting that I could work along with? Am I out of my mind to be thinking about doing this? Has anyone tried it in yellows and golds? What about reds and pinks? The purples and teals combination is too dark for me. Grays with a splash of red? Any other ideas about colors?

I have started one for a friend and now my sister wants one also, so I will be working on two of them at the same time. I have to finish a ripple for one of the other cads then I will be working on these two. Hope to get started again next week.:yay

th_CIMG3734.jpg

ok THAT is what has been keeping me a bit busy...2 more to go and I can go back to MY CRW

by the way....Heather those are beautiful....

Oh Lisa! The cat afghan is soooo pretty!

I got to go shopping today and picked out my colors....yay! :clap

I had a really hard time choosing. We traveled up north to the mega-jo annes but they really didn't have a great red heart selection. After about 45 minutes of looking...and considering...and considering...here is what I came up with:

07-01-08_1444.jpg

They are TLC essentials in barn red, sedona (the multi) and aran. Plus red heart in black (of course :) ). The color quality in the picture isn't the greatest. The red is more red and less orange and the aran is an off-white. I like the colors since they remind me of fall (my favorite color) and should go well in my red and black living room without being too stark.

I'm excited to get started! :yay

Thank you, Christina....one less to do before I get back to MINE :crocheting

Oh April, those colors should be beautiful. I always did like this pattern in a red...:hook

Pretty Cat ghan Lisa!!

Oooo those will be pretty colors April! Can't wait to see it come together!

ooo April those are pretty colors!!

Where did Mikey go, I was excited to see her progress.

Christina, thank you for compiling those tips, especially about doing the triangles in rounds--so much easier to do that way.

I finished Section 1. woohoo.

Here is my finished section one:

07-02-08_0112.jpg

If finished that tuesday evening. Right now I'm on round 7 of section two. It's looking a little bit ruffley though. Is that something that will flatten out more once the next sections are put on or should I be worried about it now?

Raccoon: What colors are you making yours in?

Edited by AprilC

April, I love those colors!

Yes, it will all straighten out as ou progress.

April, I love those colors!

Yes, it will all straighten out as ou progress.

Oh good. I thought I read before that they would. Though I just didn't want to get too far along just to find out I have to redo that whole section.

ooo April those are pretty colors!!

Where did Mikey go, I was excited to see her progress.

Christina, thank you for compiling those tips, especially about doing the triangles in rounds--so much easier to do that way.

I finished Section 1. woohoo.

My pleasure! It was a huge help to me too!

April, your first section looks great!

I did it in RH Monet and RH Artist's Print. Really, you need to go the the store and stand in front of the yarn and see what looks like stained glass to you.

I must have gone to 3 different stores and looked at yarn for well over an hour before I figured it out!

lol...........I've done this before. Years ago I was at Hobby Lobby doing that and my husband was browsing thru-out the store. He love Hobby Lobby. So anyways...he sees me:think doing what I'm doing staring at yarns and then stand back and then I go and change colors and do it all over again. I didn't relaize he was watching me, he said he was :thinktrying:think to figure out what I was doing, so he gave up and had to asked. He goes all that time on yarn colors:eek? I told him it has to look right :yes.

Hes pretty good with helping with colors sometimes.

I enjoyed ready all thru this Catherdal pattern. I plan to make one someday--but in thread. I already have the orginal book and annies new copie as well. Just got alot going right now moving and all.

good luck to everyone working on theirs and I would love to see pictures:yes:yes:yes

No progress from me this weekend. I decided to work on a baby dress for a friend who is going to deliver on Tuesday.

Next weekend, I'm back at it!

2641433856_1cbbe10b20.jpg?v=0

The colors are Lion Brand Suede: ebony, denim, teal, eggplant, fuchsia,and the variegated is mountaintop. The photo doesn't show the colors' real tones.. the denim is a darker blue, and the fuchsia is more purplish.

The motif is from M. Griffith's "201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects, and ideas."

This has been a fun pattern so far with all the various design elements, sort of like working out a puzzle.

I love the center,, your color choices pop! I love your color choices~~~ now get to crocheting:hook and please post your pictures we wanna see more pictures as you go..

Raccoon: Wow! Your colors are really great and that center motif you used is beautiful. Great job!

I'm working on the first popcorn round right now. I'll post a picture when I get through this round...it's been taking me hours. (Ok...ok...so I've been taking breaks too). I'm still a little concerned because it doesn't want to lay completely flat. Now that I've been working on the popcorn round it's laying flater...but not flat. I'm having faith this will all work out in the end. It better because at this point I don't think I have the streangth to rip out about 13 rounds.

Yay! I finally finished popcorning. :hook

07-09-08_1342.jpg

So you can see in this picture how it doesn't sit quite flat. Though the more I go the more it seems to be OK. We shall see.

April~your crw is looking good. It looks about like mine did at that point as far as not laying flat. Those popcorn rounds are buggers aren't they? :)

That looks great April!! It will lay flat as it goes. Mine was wavy looking in spots and I worried but it's all straightened out now.

April, it looks fantastic! The colors you chose look amazing together. You are really flying through it!

Christina that looks fantastic!!! :cheer You're almost there! Doesn't it feel great? Your lt color looks the same as mine -- is it RH Monet?

Wish me luck, I leave the house in a few hours to go take mine to the State Fair office for judging. Judging occurs next week -- I'll find out before the end of the month if it won anything. If it does, it's in the fair. Otherwise, I pick it up before August 1.