Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I am making this for a friend. She bought the yarn and the pattern and I'm beginning to think I'm crazy. I have been crocheting for over 30 years but only fairly easy items as I never knew anyone who knew how to crochet and I had to teach myself. With the internet I have learned many new things in the last year, but not sure I'm up to doing this pattern. I need a challenge to keep me busy so I'm going to try but I have read the pattern over and over and don't understand how to sew the pieces together. The pattern just says use black and H hook.  If anyone still reads this thread do we single crochet the pieces together or do we do it some other way. I'm really late to the party lol

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's up to you how you want to put them together. I would probably just whip stitch myself (I got the pattern but I'm making a ton of changes to it, so I'm not sure how much sewing I'm going to have to do). But I whip stitch everything.

I don't remember off the top of my head how the seams are laid out, but single crocheting them could be a nice touch! Give the seams a bit of a dimensional feel to them, and add to the appearance of the leading in a real window.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm currently trying to crochet this afghan and have managed to get through to this point without any trouble - until now.

I have to make the half circles I'm stumped. I can't seem to follow the pattern correctly for some reason when it comes to the half circles, there is something I'm not getting. Anyone have any help for this???

Any easier-wording of the pattern? Any alternative ways to complete the half circles? I'm stuck and want to finish this!  :cry

Ladies~i have a question for you all. How many stitches were left open between the valleys in the third section. I have filled in a couple of them and there are a different amount between each of them.

Did you find a solution to this? I just got past the half circles - the afghan was easy for me until those for some reason. But now, I am filling in the valleys, only to realize that the spaces between them is off...some have 7 black stitches between valleys, some have 8, some have 9. Unsure why. All columns correct with 5 stitches though.  Don't want to have to undo all the work I've put into this today!  :(

Archived