Jempast

Are you taking any Crocheting with you on Thanksgiving?

I am going to my grandparents and then to my mom's tomorrow. I already let my mom know I am bringing my crocheting with me. I am also doing the same at my grandparents. So I can work on my neighbor's afghan since that is her Christmas gift.

For those of you going to friends & family for Thanksgiving are you going to be doing any crocheting there? If you have done so in the past does your friends or family seem interested or mad you are crocheting on Thanksgiving?

:yes Yep! I always have a take-a-long with me!

yeah I've been thinking of that one I think I will so I can work on the baby blanket that I'm going to give to my sister though I won't tell her it's for her

Absolutely.

When dinner is over and everybody is just sitting around visiting, I'll pull out my project and start working. I can easily visit while I crochet, so nobody is ever put off by it.

We are going to an open house for Thanksgiving, so I don't know if it's going to be appropriate to crochet or not; however, I fully plan to have it in the car, just in case no one minds! :devil

You bet my crochet will be with me....my family would wonder what was wrong with me if I didn't!:lol Just a matter of which project to bring:think My crochet goes everywhere I do, always have a small project in a zip lock in my purse. I get all kinds of crazy if I don't have a project with me.

I never leave home without a hook and yarn . . . you just never know when you may have a chance to crochet.

Yup. It's going with me to my aunts. I need to make more snowflakes for the snowflake afghan and so it'll be a nice light project to take along.

we're heading to my Mom's on Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving and I'm bringing the afghan I'm working on for my in-laws. This is the first year I'm doing crochet, so it's the first time I'm bringing something. Of course, I'm bringing it mainly because I need a little help from my mom to figure out why the pattern wasn't looking the way it should, and since my in-laws will be there, too, it will have to wait until they leave. My husband and I usually stay for several hours when we visit my family and more often than not, my mom is working on a craft project of her own! lol

Ah, I eat too much of my Mom's excellent cooking to be able to crochet as well :-) However, when we get home I will have my latest project waiting by my favorite chair and I will be happy, full of good food, humming, and crocheting! Beth

I always bring somethibng to work on If i didn't my family would think it was odd and that something was wrong with me.

Well we're staying home. It will be just the three of us so I can do whatever I want lol. It's nice and quiet.

If we were going to MIL's this year, then after dinner when the cousins were playing, yes. But it's at SIL's house instead (first time), with both sides of her family, so it will be a huge (read stressful for homebodies like me) loud time, and I don't think I'll have time to even try. I will dream however, and there's ALWAYS thread and hook in my purse. :D --hey, you never know.

My family doesn't get it so I wont crochet on thanksgiving day. But I will bring it with me for the other days when I am staying with friends.

I got a new knitting loom for an early bday present so will probably take that, but also still making more poinsettas for an afghan so will prolly take those colors along, too, just incase the loom thing drives me nutty.

It's just me and DH and kids so hopefully with bellies stuffed they all take a nap and let MOM do what she wants!!

We're going to my daughter's house which is over an hour's drive away, so I will be taking a project along..probably the afghan I'm making for dh or the scarf for eldest ds..not sure which.

5 hour car ride. Wouldn't it be against some law of nature to waste that much time NOT crocheting?? :lol

:hook Colleen

Don't leave home without it!

We stayed home and after we cleaned up the mess I crocheted and my daughter knitted most of the afternoon. There were only six of us, my husband, kids and mother. It seemed awfully small and uneventful, but the food was good and things were pretty calm and laid back.

Didn't take any to dinner, cause I knew I'd be holding someone in my lap if I was sitting down; and I did. Either one of the boys, or the puppy wanted to cuddle. We ate noon dinner, and I was planning on a crochet/movie festival for the afternoon; but a nap called my name so I'm crocheting and watching dvd's tonight instead.

I take mine EVERYWHERE. I take it to work with me, and crochet when we're not busy. I took it to one set of grandparents and they were pretty impressed. One person even brought her knitting with her. I also took it to my other grandparent's and they want me to crochet things for them now. I finished my fringed scarf I had been working on for a while, and when my cousin saw my hair scrunchie I made, she wants me to make some for her for Christmas. They don't know that's what I already had planned, haha.

It never came out of my purse after all. Kinda what I figured...but oh well. By the time we got back home, we were all sooo tired. Put the kids to bed and collapsed on the sofa long enough to watch Charlie Brown, and went to bed! (So I only picked up a hook in the middle of the day, before we went to SIL's house for about 1/2 hour)

I always have crochet with me for the holidays. Worked on a baby bunting some of the time at the get together, and then really had some crochet time taking two trains and a cab home. Finished the body of the bunting, and one sleeve.

John's family is used to me crocheting, and they don't think anything of it anymore. They even say things when I don't have something in my lap that I am working on.

It only took them about 20 years to know that this is what I do. And I can still participate in any conversation that's going. They still get amazed.

:manyheart