Holiday Pie-Rets (Pie Berets)

ladylinoleum

I have been infused with some serious crochet mojo combined with a touch of holiday spirit for the past few weeks. Now, you all know what that means...Oh yes, that definitely portends a bit of twist in my yarn!

Introducing Holiday Pie-rets!

Pie-rets1.jpg

These crocheted versions of round flaky goodness are just in time for Turkey Day! And yes, you can be sure I will be wearing pie to my family's Thanksgiving feast. So, let's take a look at my crusty choices shall we?

There is the always popular seasonal delight, Pumpkin Pie-ret...

Pie-retsPumpkin1.jpg

Topped with a dollop of cream...

Pie-retsPumpkin2.jpg

Pie-retsPumpkin3.jpg

OR how about a touch of dark and rich Pecan Pie-ret...

Pie-retsPecan1.jpg

Pie-retsPecan2.jpg

And my personal fave, the Cranberry Orange Pie-ret with lattice crust!

Pie-retsCranberry2.jpg

Pie-retsCranberry1.jpg

It's a tough choice to be sure.

Onto the crochet stats...

The Pecan and Cranberry Pie-rets were crocheted with an F hook and some of my Cascade 220 stash. An F hook combined with this light worsted yarn creates a very tight fabric. This is exactly the effect I was attempting to achieve as I was aiming for structure, not drape. My challenge during the design process for both of these Pie-rets was creating a perfectly shaped circle while using a popcorn stitch pattern. Needless to say, frogging ensued before I came up the correct increase to stitch ratio. I am happy with the results.

The Pumpkin Pie-ret was also crocheted with an F hook. However, I chose to use Lamb's Pride worsted for this one. Don't think I would choose this yarn again for this type of project. The FO ended up being too heavy for my taste. I will use Cascade 220 going forward should I ever decide to crochet another dessert-themed hat!

Thanks for looking!

Love these hats!! YUMMY!! You are very creative. I have to say they all look really great but that cranberry pie, is really something to see. I can't wait to show my son these hats in the morning. He'll love them. He has taken an interest in crochet, and I'm sure he will be thrilled to see these.

It has been a while since I've seen your blog, but I must say these are right up your alley, Regina. Very cute and the pecan looks like someone spent a lot of time exactly placing those pecan halves in the custard! I love them all. Thanks for cooking up these little delicacies for us to drool over...

Let's eat!

OMG, those are fantastic! I was making some tofu bacon for breakfast this morning, LadyL, and thinking of you (just thinking of the bacon wrap makes me giggle), and then I get on here and see you've turned to pie! Love it! I think the cranberry is my favorite, but the pumpkin comes in a very close second for the whipped cream topper. Congrats as always on your creativity and talent! Patty

Archived