Dec. 2008 C’Ville Tote Christmas Memories

Tampa Doll

Is that jingle bells I hear? Do I hear a HO HO HO?:santa

Growing up in Philadelphia, we always looked forward to the Gimbles’ Day Parade, on Thanksgiving Day:ttalk. At the end of the parade, Santa :santawould climb the fire truck ladder to the top floor of Gimbles. This would be the start of the Christmas season. We knew, that we would soon be taking the speed line/el train over the Ben Franklin Bridge to Center City Philadelphia, to eat at Horn and Hardarts (an automat), go and see all the windows in the big stores and finally a trip to see Santa. This was always just me, my Mom and my 2 sisters, a girl trip. It was our day of Philly soft pretzels from the vender on the street. This is one of the many memories I have of Christmas past.:wreath

I made this tote with memories in mind. The bag is red, with the handles and outline done in Victorian Christmas colors. The pocket is Ecru, burgundy and hunter green. As usually it is done with Peaches and Cream for the bag and outline and America’s best for the pocket. Oh yeah, the rose is done in cream.

480x360CvilleXXXIDecChristmasMemori.jpg

th_8x6CvilleXXXIDecChristmasMemories.gif(clickable)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I love it! Christmas begins with the Macy's Santa for me, too (even though I jumped the gun with my avatar this year). My favorite Christmas memory is Polish Christmas Eve, wygylia, at my grandmother's (Babci). No meat, only fish, with lots of sides, including the icky beet soup I didn't like, singing Christmas carols (in English and Polish), and then opening our presents. This month's recipient is twice as lucky because of the memories this bag will evoke for her, too. Excellent tote, Mary Jo! Patty

This is a wonderful bag like all the rest I have seen. This Christmas will be a difficult one for my family. Dad passed away 10 days before his 69th birthday, which was November 20 (his birthday) and Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be hard for us. I have all good memories and for that I am very thankful. I love the tote!

This is a wonderful bag like all the rest I have seen. This Christmas will be a difficult one for my family. Dad passed away 10 days before his 69th birthday, which was November 20 (his birthday) and Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be hard for us. I have all good memories and for that I am very thankful. I love the tote!

:clap Another great bag!

I live about an hour and a half away from Philly! I haven't been there in a few years (unless you count "just passing through"). I used to like to go to the flower show and then the Reading Terminal Market.

I'm sure that you don't miss the snow!

Have never made it to any of the parades but would like to make it there one year for the Mummers parade!

Best Christmas memories I have is renting a bunch of Christmas movies and eating cheese fondue on the Eve, head to the church service, watching a bunch of movies and opening one present, then everyone pretty much zonked out! We still hold this tradition every year.

That bag is a beauty, it looks warm and comforting, can't wait to see the lucky winnner!!

Mary Jo another fabulous tote. Just LOVE the Christmassy colours. My memories of Christmas are mainly of having my middle 2 children. My eldest son was born on Boxing Day 26/12/80 and my youngest daughter was born 5 weeks early the next year on 21/12/81. This year my eldest daughter gets married on 30/12/08 so Christmas and New Year will be very busy and exciting for us. I already envy the lucky member who will gets this beautiful Christmas present. Santa if I promise to be good ............. all well I can always dream!

Archived