looking for Women's day magazine baby booties

wirenbeads

Question

I am looking for the original pattern for baby booties that was in a Women's day magazine I think in the 70's. It was a WD exclusive design of six styles mary janes, french knots, bunny ears, blue daisies, pussycat bows and mini-sandals. The name on the side of the page was Frances McLaughlin-Gill. Would like a color copy or the date, year and volume of the magazine

Edited by wirenbeads
added more

16 answers to this question

Just wondering, did you ever find these patterns?

Hi,

I got a black and white copy...I would like to get a color copy or the date and year or volume of the magazine.

Thanks,

Denise

Admin Note: Sorry, due to copyright issues, copies of this pattern cannot be shared with others through Crochetville.

I have a black and white copy. I would like a color copy or the date, year and volume of the magazine:manyheart

Admin Note: Sorry, due to copyright issues, copies of this pattern cannot be shared with others through Crochetville.

Do you know if it was a regular Woman's Day that came out every week or one of their specials of crochet patterns? I have some Woman's Day Granny Squares magazines and I'll be glad to look through all my old mags to see if I have it. I know I have one regular Woman's Day from the 70's. If I have it, I'll be glad to tell you which magazine it is. Good Luck.

I am looking for the original pattern for baby booties that was in a Women's day magazine I think in the 70's. It was a WD exclusive design of six styles mary janes, french knots, bunny ears, blue daisies, pussycat bows and mini-sandals. The name on the side of the page was Frances McLaughlin-Gill.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but due to copyright issues, we are unable to allow distribution of copies of this pattern through Crochetville.

If anyone has the original magazine with the pattern, and you'd like to share it with others, it may be possible for us to do.

You can contact Woman's Day magazine and ask for permission to post the pattern here. I'll need to have whoever at the magazine grants such permission to email me a copy of the permission for our legal files. Then you can scan the pattern and upload it to the forum.

If you don't have a scanner but would still like to share, you can usually find places like Kinko's that will scan something for you and convert it to pdf form on a flash drive. You'd need to take your permission email with you for them to do it, though.

I have that pattern somewhere, am trying to locate it, Just had a granddaughter born, and I've been saving that pattern since it was published. The name you mentioned above Frances McLaughlin-Gill is probably the photographer. If I find it I'll let you know the date of the magazine.

It is Woman's Day 1972 but don't know which month.

I am looking for the original pattern for baby booties that was in a Women's day magazine I think in the 70's. It was a WD exclusive design of six styles mary janes, french knots, bunny ears, blue daisies, pussycat bows and mini-sandals. The name on the side of the page was Frances McLaughlin-Gill. Would like the date, year and volume of the magazine or to purchase the magazine from anyone who has it and is willing to sell.