Crochet in twilight

fthrem

I went and saw it yesterday, after I finished the book thursday... and the book was amazing and I have to say they did a really good job with the movie, yeah it was slightly different but if they did the movie exactly like the book we would have been sitting in that theater a LOT longer. I can't wait to read the other books... it will just be painful to wait for them to come out in the theaters.

I wouldn't mind sitting a lot longer for a movie to be almost exactly like the book it's based upon. That would actually make me go to the Movies more often!

I am at the end of the 2nd book, New Moon and I'm going to see the movie tonight, I'm so excited and of course my lips are sealed I certainly don't want to ruin it for anyone. Now I am 49 years old and I really like the books, so maybe my mind is that of a teenager or I am just immature :) Also I do agree that really these books are not for a 12 year old, in my little immature mind, if I had a daughter I would not want to encourage romance just yet, again just my opinion.

I am 31 and loved the first book so much I went to the library tonight and couldn't check out the 2nd and was sooo disappointed. We have a waiting list on all 4 copies of 3 or more requests each. I think I will be waiting a long time to finish the saga.:(. I wasn't a vampire book reader before, but recently got caught up in Trueblood on HBO, so thought I would check out the hype. Now I am ashamed to say I may be a junkie. :devil But our library doesn't have any of the Sookie Stackhouse series either! Perks of a small town.:angry

Guess I will take a crack at tmaking the Bella hat eventhough I haven't seen the movie yet. I was working when it came out my long week and it was gone before I could make it to the theatre.

There was an afghan in that movie as well, wasnt there? It was a granny square afghan. I would love to find a pic of that and then the pattern would be easy to figure out?

Has anyone made the afghan yet?

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

I am 31 and loved the first book so much I went to the library tonight and couldn't check out the 2nd and was sooo disappointed. We have a waiting list on all 4 copies of 3 or more requests each. I think I will be waiting a long time to finish the saga.:(. I wasn't a vampire book reader before' date=' but recently got caught up in Trueblood on HBO, so thought I would check out the hype. Now I am ashamed to say I may be a junkie. :devil But our library doesn't have any of the Sookie Stackhouse series either! Perks of a small town.:angry

Guess I will take a crack at tmaking the Bella hat eventhough I haven't seen the movie yet. I was working when it came out my long week and it was gone before I could make it to the theatre.[/quote']

I was able to get the first few books in the twilight series at my local library. Then I had to buy New Moon and Breaking Dawn could not wait the hold list was so long. I was not into vampire books before twilight and now I am hooked. I watched the HBO series Trueblood too. My library has the books so I have read the first book and I am now number 3 for the second book. Maybe your library can do a request to another library to get the books for you.

I was able to get the first few books in the twilight series at my local library. Then I had to buy New Moon and Breaking Dawn could not wait the hold list was so long. I was not into vampire books before twilight and now I am hooked. I watched the HBO series Trueblood too. My library has the books so I have read the first book and I am now number 3 for the second book. Maybe your library can do a request to another library to get the books for you.

I agree about line being so long. I am resorting to ordering them from Amazon!!:yay Finally talked DH into letting me order all the rest of Twilight series and the Sookie books!! Then I will only have to wait on myself to get them read! However I will fit my crochet projects into the picture as well. Have you joined the 50 book challenge 2009? I decided I would this year because I have really been slacking these past few years with my reading. Mainly because I am a first time mom to a now 3 yr old. It's so cold here that staying home and reading or crocheting is just perfect!:yes

Hello!

1. I would love to try the Bella hat. I am a bit of a beginner and will need very basic instructions.

2. I have read all of the books and my 11 year old neice is on Eclipse. I think there are a few good lessons in the books. First, the author does not allow any (you-know-what) until such a time that it is acceptable. (Don't want to give away any plot here). The author is LDS and felt very strongly about that. Second, I think it is a very good lesson about how we would like our young women to be treated by men (or vampires). My niece has already decided that a boy who does not open the car door for her is unacceptable! And really, if you're not talking to an 11 year old about you-know-what, you are too late.

3. I also thought the movie was a pretty good representation of the book. I had low expectations after the City of Ember...

I have read the first book and really enjoyed it, but didn't bother with any of the sequels. However, I saw the first 4 for £15 in school catalogue so I am gonna order them! :clap

I wasn't interested in the books until my 14 year old niece and I talked - she loved them! So I bought all four of the books (ebook format). Once I started I couldn't stop. I read all four books in six days ... :) I made DH take the family to see the movie after I was halfway thru the 2nd book . I think they did a really good job with the movie and can't wait for the next one!

Miranda,

Take the time to read the rest! I did not love the second, but though the third and fourth were better than the first!

I have read the first book and really enjoyed it, but didn't bother with any of the sequels. However, I saw the first 4 for £15 in school catalogue so I am gonna order them! :clap

• 3 weeks later...
There was an afghan in that movie as well, wasnt there? It was a granny square afghan. I would love to find a pic of that and then the pattern would be easy to figure out?

Has anyone made the afghan yet?

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

I was talking about that yesterday. I want to make one too. Has anyone replied to you about it?

:devil

Melissa (mescoved) and I were writing back and forth about that about a month ago. It was a granny square and I think someone said it was shown on one of the utube videos.

If you find the pattern, that would be fun to do.

Debbie

uwcheese

I'm sure we could come up with a pattern for it, it looks pretty simple. Even though I have way too many wips, if you ladies want to, I'd love to do a cal for it

Archived