Crochet in twilight

fthrem

I watched a "on the set" interview of the actress that plays Bella in Twilight and there was a large green crocheted afghan in the background. It looked like it was part of the movie set. She had on a cap that looked crocheted, but I watched it on youtube so it was pretty small and may have been knit. I'm going to see the movie tomorrow and will look for the afghan.

Yeah, in the beach scene, Bella's friend Angela is wrapped in a green and white granny square afghan. Her cap looked like crochet to me too.

Yup the cap Bella had on was definitly crocheted and the colors on the granny square blanket were perfect with the actress's skin coloring.

We should start a Twilight cal. I so want to make the afghan and the hats. For some reason I keep thinking fingerless gloves are very Twilight, but I don't see any in the movie. Guess its just my overactive imagination!

That was a good movie!! I was kind of hesitant, because I don't much like "vampire" movies. My oldest daughter has read the books, she liked it, but she did say, "the book is always better". But since I haven't read the books, or for that matter heard about the books, the movie was very watchable!! I have to laugh, because when I do go to the movies, I am so busy looking for anything crochet or knit. And while they're showing the scenes with the crochet/knit item, I am so into looking at the stitches instead of paying atttention to the story line!! :eek:lol

I went and saw it yesterday, after I finished the book thursday... and the book was amazing and I have to say they did a really good job with the movie, yeah it was slightly different but if they did the movie exactly like the book we would have been sitting in that theater a LOT longer. I can't wait to read the other books... it will just be painful to wait for them to come out in the theaters.

I've been working on my version of Bella's hat all week. Almost done with my 2nd (and I think final) version. But no pics yet of that one, but here's one of my first attempt, and the best google pic I could find for inspiration:

Photo_120208_009.jpgPhoto_120208_012.jpg

jacob-black-twilight-series-1293488.jpg

Everybody's hats look great. I'd love a pattern if anybody has one. Once I finish up all of this Christmas crochet, I may make a Bella hat for myself!

I am at the end of the 2nd book, New Moon and I'm going to see the movie tonight, I'm so excited and of course my lips are sealed I certainly don't want to ruin it for anyone. Now I am 49 years old and I really like the books, so maybe my mind is that of a teenager or I am just immature :) Also I do agree that really these books are not for a 12 year old, in my little immature mind, if I had a daughter I would not want to encourage romance just yet, again just my opinion.

I am at the end of the 2nd book, New Moon and I'm going to see the movie tonight, I'm so excited and of course my lips are sealed I certainly don't want to ruin it for anyone. Now I am 49 years old and I really like the books, so maybe my mind is that of a teenager or I am just immature :) Also I do agree that really these books are not for a 12 year old, in my little immature mind, if I had a daughter I would not want to encourage romance just yet, again just my opinion.

I am 44 and I loved the books. If I still had a 12 year old I think I would be okay with her reading the books because they are not to bad and until the last book they don't get to detailed. I loved the movie and loved the fact that they had so much crochet in the movie. All the 12 year olds could day dream about the future.

Archived