My Tree

sarisue

Thanks for the kind replys I appreciate them. I didn't use a pattern but just made it up as I went along. I chained a circle for the size I wanted the base and then did rounds in the back loops decreasing every other or third row until I reached the top. Then I did varies shell stitches for the branches working in the front loops of the rows.

I haven't gotten a cone yet just stuffed it with yarn for the mean time.

That is so neat...I've been wanting to make a large crochet Christmas tree. Can you tell us how tall yours is? Did you work your base shape in single crochet? You did a great job! Beth

Yes it's all sc rounds done in the back loops starting with about 80 chains in a circle for the base, decreasing every 3rd round with varing shells for the branches.. It's about 20 " tall.

Yes it's all sc rounds done in the back loops starting with about 80 chains in a circle for the base, decreasing every 3rd round with varing shells for the branches.. It's about 20 " tall.

Sarisue, thanks for the information on the details. Your tree is just what I've been looking for, and just the right size. Thank-you! Beth

Archived